What do you use your Food Proccesser for?? :)

Options
2»

Replies

• Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    Hi Becca,

So, even though my nutrition and exercise weren't the greatest this weekend, I did accomplish one really good thing...I bought a food processor! Whoo hoo! It is a little Cuisinart and my goodness is that little cutie powerful. And SHARP! Sheesh is it sharp! I think it should have come with some of those gloves people wear to handle birds of prey.

I'm very much looking forward to experimenting with other things, but this is what I made yesterday. A spinach and tomato sauce for pasta. It looks weird, but tastes great! I started with a can of no sugar added hunts spaghetti sauce (not confident enough yet to do it ALL from scratch), added 1lb ground sirloin for protein, and then I used the food processor to puree a bunch of fresh tomatoes, frozen spinach, fresh onions, fresh chives and fresh basil. Still has a little high sodium because of the canned sauce, but adding all that healthy spinach and fresh veggies to it really bulked it up and the pureed onions and chives gave it amazing flavor w/o adding extra salt.

Still saving up for a new blender...
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Hi Becca,

So, even though my nutrition and exercise weren't the greatest this weekend, I did accomplish one really good thing...I bought a food processor! Whoo hoo! It is a little Cuisinart and my goodness is that little cutie powerful. And SHARP! Sheesh is it sharp! I think it should have come with some of those gloves people wear to handle birds of prey.

I'm very much looking forward to experimenting with other things, but this is what I made yesterday. A spinach and tomato sauce for pasta. It looks weird, but tastes great! I started with a can of no sugar added hunts spaghetti sauce (not confident enough yet to do it ALL from scratch), added 1lb ground sirloin for protein, and then I used the food processor to puree a bunch of fresh tomatoes, frozen spinach, fresh onions, fresh chives and fresh basil. Still has a little high sodium because of the canned sauce, but adding all that healthy spinach and fresh veggies to it really bulked it up and the pureed onions and chives gave it amazing flavor w/o adding extra salt.

Still saving up for a new blender...
    YAY! Now you gotta show me exactly which one you got on the web (amazon or someplace) so I know which one is a good one. I think I mentioned I took the other one back, decided I didn't care for the customer feedback it got. It was a BD
  • nadine50
    nadine50 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just bought a NINJA which is a blender and food processor, comes with two sizes of containers and is easy to store. It does a great job with anything you need. Bonus part: 40 dollars. It makes a great hummus, soups, smoothies, shave ice, etc.
  • ser0630
    ser0630 Posts: 223
    Options
    My mom bought me a Ninja and I love it. I use it for chopping onions and other items like that because of the loss of grip in my left hand. I also use it for shredding up left over skinless chicken breast for a quick (and healthy) shredded BBQ chicken sandwich for lunch when it's hot and humid out.

My mom has one too and she uses hers to make smoothies that she takes with her to work.