5'0" - 5'3" ladies -- 150 and down to 110-120, how?

Options
2»

Replies

• kirstyfairhead
    kirstyfairhead Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 39yrs and 4' 11.5". I started at 168 and just hit 122.

I have achieved most of my results purely through low calories and Zumba 3 or 4 times per week. I have often (but not consistently) fallen below the recommended 1200 cals per day and not seemed to have a negative response to this. I think this is because I am a shorty and my calorie needs are lower than average. I try to keep my protein levels up (1g per lb of LBM) but I don't eat clean, I don't monitor my water intake, I'm often over on salt and almost always over on sugars (from fruit). I do, however, eat food that I enjoy and I mostly stay in my calorie limits. A night out now and then with a good meal does no harm, it's the long term that counts.

It's taken me 10 months of controlled eating to take this weight off and I have now started lifting. I am looking to be lean and strong and am confident that I will achieve that too.

My advice is this:

Don't diet, just change the way you eat
    Weigh your food and count your calories
    Maintain a reasonable deficit
    Find exercise that you enjoy and make it part of your every day
    Be patient

Good luck!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!