Dumb Question... fasted state & Bulletproof Coffee

Options
The question is if you drink Bulletproof Coffee (coffee blended w/ butter & coconut oil) are you still considered to be in a fasted state?

Logically, I think no, because you are ingesting nearly 500 calories, but I feel like read somewhere that it was.

Thanks in advance for your help and clarification!

Replies

• KateK8LoseW8
    KateK8LoseW8 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    No. IIRC, staying <30-40 calories will keep you in the "fasted" state.
  • JenniferH81
    JenniferH81 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Pardon my ignorance, but why are you adding butter to coffee?
  • daimere
    daimere Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    From what I understand, it depends if you are doing a calorie fast or an insulin based fast. The butter/oil/coffee doesn't spike the insulin. If you are doing a calorie fast, then yes, you are breaking the fast
  • Lizzard_77
    Lizzard_77 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    The question is if you drink Bulletproof Coffee (coffee blended w/ butter & coconut oil) are you still considered to be in a fasted state?

Logically, I think no, because you are ingesting nearly 500 calories, but I feel like read somewhere that it was.

Thanks in advance for your help and clarification!

Perhaps post this question in the primal/paleo support group. Tons of really educated peeps over there who can give you more than what you bargained for in answers :)
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options

You're drinking flavoured fat. No, that is not a "fasted" state.