Muffin Tin Fritatta

Options
aaberridge
aaberridge Posts: 7 Member
Made these this morning and they were delicious! I made some salsa yesterday and wanted to make something to put it to good use.
IMG_20130914_101829_872.jpg

***I'm sure any type of salsa you want to use is fine. Mine was made with 3 chopped tomatoes, 1 diced medium onion, 1 cup chopped cilantro, 2 TBSP lime juice, 1/4 tsp cumin, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper. Serving size 1/3 cup has 15 calories, 3 carbs, 0 fat, 1 protein, 100 sodium, 2 sugar. I have added these numbers in to the recipe.***

Pre-heat oven to 350.

-3 large eggs
-1/4 cup 2% milk
-2 medium mushrooms, cut to desired size (I like diced)
-1/3 cup salsa
-1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
-1/8 tsp salt
-1/8 tsp pepper

Lightly brown the mushrooms by themselves in a small pan, just to get them cooked. Beat eggs and milk together in a medium bowl (a 2 cup measuring cup works great for pouring later), and then add the rest of the ingredients. Spray 6 cups in a muffin tin with zero calorie Pam or similar non-stick spray. Fill each tin about 2/3 way full, trying to spread out the batter equally amongst the 6 tins. Bake for 22-24 minutes, but it would be wise to check them regularly after the 15 minute mark to make sure they don't burn.

Makes 6 fritattas, nutritional value for each: 90 calories, 4 carbs, 5 fat, 7 protein, 248 sodium, 3 sugar.

There are versions of this using low-fat cheese and skim milk that would save further calories. Other good ideas for added flavor are zucchini and bell pepper....use your imagination:smile:

Replies