Avascular necrosis support and cardio ideas

Options
Hi!

I'm a 28 year old female who just been recently diagnosed with Avascular necrosis in my left knee. I have also tore my MCL because of my weaken knee. In the past I was a avid runner but I am currently looking for new activities that will not further damage my knee.

I am also looking for friends who also have been diagnosed and share your experiences with the disease. As well as types of cardio that work best for you.

Replies

• Crystollina
    Crystollina Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I am also a 28 y/o female with avascular necrosis of the left knee. I was diagnosed with in 2012. The reason for it was that I was diagnosed with Acute Promylocytic Leukemia when I was 13 and later had a bone marrow transplant treated by radiation and steroids, which is the cause of the years later necrosis.

Plus a type 2 diabetic. Fun. ;-)

Anyhow, I go to physical therapy for my knee. My PT says that swimming and a bike or stationary bike would be best than running or any other very strenuous activity/excersie. I also do a lot of balancing workouts to strengthen the knees/legs to have less pain. If you'd like to add me as a friend please do so :-)