Why are US meal portions so big??

Options

Replies

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    speaking of entertainment, I think it has become time.

collegehumor.ebccc40bae2bc640f2858a18e45198c0.jpg
  • Asheriee
    Options
    I know it's not going to make you stop.
  • dbmata
    Options
    I know it's not going to make you stop.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
  • Miss_Humps_Alot
    Options
    This thing right here
    Is lettin all the ladies know
    What guys talk about
    You know
    The finer things in life
    Hahaha
    Check it out

Ooh dat dress so scandalous
    And ya know another *kitten* couldn't handle it
    See ya shakin that thang like who's da ish
    With a look in ya eye so devilish

Uh
    Ya like to dance at all the hip hop spots
    And ya cruise to the crews like connect da dots
    Not just urban she likes the pop
    Cuz she was livin la vida loca

[BRIDGE]
    She had dumps like a truck truck truck
    Thighs like what what what
    Baby move your butt butt butt
    Uh
    I think to sing it again
    All night long
    Let me see that thong

[CHORUS]
    I like it when the beat goes da na da na
    Baby make your booty go da na da na
    Girl I know you wanna show da na da na
    That thong th thong thong thong
    I like it when the beat goes da na da na
    Baby make your booty go da na da na
    Girl I know you wanna show da na da na
    That thong th thong thong thong

That girl so scandalous
    And I know another *kitten* couldn't handle it
    And she shakin that thang like who's da ish
    With a look in her eye so devilish

Uh
    She like to dance at all the hip hop spots
    And she cruise to the crews like connect da dots
    Not just urban she likes the pop

[BRIDGE]

[CHORUS (2x)]

Whoaaa
    That dress so scandalous
    And I swear another *kitten* couldn't handle it
    See ya shakin that thang like who's da ish
    With a look in her eye so devilish

(Whoa)
    Uh ya like to dance at all the hip hop spots
    And ya cruise to the crews like connect da dots
    Not just urban ya like the pop

(Whoa)
    (Ooh)
    Uh think to sing it again
    Cuz she had dumps like a truck truck truck
    Uh think to sing it again
    Come on
    Come on
    Come on
    Come on

Yeahhhh yeah

[CHORUS (3x)]

Whoa
    Uh alright
    Uh whoa yeah
    Ooh
    Whoa
    (Like it when the beat goes da na da na)
    (Baby make your booty go da na da na)
    (Girl I know you wanna show da na da na)
    Baby
    (That thong th thong thong thong)

(I like it when the beat goes da na da na)
    (Baby make your booty go da na da na)
    (Girl I know you wanna show da na da na)
    (That thong th thong thong thong)
  • Asheriee
    Options
    Nice. XD

That song reminds me of one that I heard and it's literally a seven year old talking about how he can make girls booties pop.
  • dbmata
    Options
    "dumps like a truck"

that's a LOT of fiber.
  • Asheriee
    Options
    :O
  • dbmata
    Options
    close your mouth, no one wants to eat that.
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    PS and even IF the ship had coped with 300 million Americans for aguments sake.... only 30% actually have passports....

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/TRAVEL/02/04/americans.travel.domestically/index.html

You do understand this is mostly because we can travel freely from state to state without a passport, correct? You do understand that the square mileage of Europe is approx. the same as the US. So a person who drives across Europe needs a passport as they can easily drive across many countries. A person could leave one coast of the US driving to the other and arrive approx. the same time as someone who would drive across Europe. The difference would be, you'll need your passport a handful of times in Europe to travel the same distance.

Surely if distance was the only issue at play here, then you would expect Canada to have a similar population percentage with passports, yet their population proportion of people with a passport is double at 60%!
  • Asheriee
    Options
    Oh, and I would like to say, that I do know how things work here. The fact that I only have 16 posts doesn't really mean anything.

I still have an opinion. And last I checked this was an open forum. And I have a right to an opinion.

That's what you guys are preaching right?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    PS and even IF the ship had coped with 300 million Americans for aguments sake.... only 30% actually have passports....

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/TRAVEL/02/04/americans.travel.domestically/index.html

You do understand this is mostly because we can travel freely from state to state without a passport, correct? You do understand that the square mileage of Europe is approx. the same as the US. So a person who drives across Europe needs a passport as they can easily drive across many countries. A person could leave one coast of the US driving to the other and arrive approx. the same time as someone who would drive across Europe. The difference would be, you'll need your passport a handful of times in Europe to travel the same distance.

Surely if distance was the only issue at play here, then you would expect Canada to have a similar population percentage with passports, yet their population proportion of people with a passport is double at 60%!
    You're right. All us Americans are terrible, awful, horrible human beings. We deserve a good flogging.
  • iceqieen
    iceqieen Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Well for what it's worth the OP of the original thread never "bashed" anyone, merely pondered about her impression of enormous portion sizes when she travelled the US, and the subsequent food waste that this results in. A view which was echoed by plenty of others on the thread.

She was subsequently called a xenophobe and racist by people who were seemingly taking this observation terribly personal and seeing it as an onslaught of all things American.

Thank you size 10! For goodness sake what on earth are you all getting so worked up about. I love the USA, I love your beautiful countryside, I love your diversity, I love your wildlife, I love your people. Everyone I met whilst travelling was courteous, kind and nice, not like some of the people that have beaten me up about one remark that wasn't directed at anyone, only directed at a plate of food. Now for goodness sake, give it a rest!

Mmm yes.. somehow pointing out differences = bashing in some peoples eyes. I guess they dont get it.

The difference is one of approach, but I like the use of the "they" as if this is "us" vs. "them." Nice touch.

Hmmm reading fail there? They = the people I was referring to in the previous sentence = The people who think that pointing out differences/asking questions is the same as bashing.

*shrugs*
  • rml_16
    Options
    Oh, and I would like to say, that I do know how things work here. The fact that I only have 16 posts doesn't really mean anything.

I still have an opinion. And last I checked this was an open forum. And I have a right to an opinion.

That's what you guys are preaching right?
    You're free to have an opinion. I don't see the point of constantly posting the same basic thing over and over and berating people for expressing theirs because you don't like people arguing, though.
  • dbmata
    Options

Isn't Canada invaded by moose, caribou, and brown bears on the regular? That right there is enough reason for passports.
  • Asheriee
    Options
    Because it's fun. And I too am sitting at a desk with nothing to do at the moment.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Well for what it's worth the OP of the original thread never "bashed" anyone, merely pondered about her impression of enormous portion sizes when she travelled the US, and the subsequent food waste that this results in. A view which was echoed by plenty of others on the thread.

She was subsequently called a xenophobe and racist by people who were seemingly taking this observation terribly personal and seeing it as an onslaught of all things American.

Thank you size 10! For goodness sake what on earth are you all getting so worked up about. I love the USA, I love your beautiful countryside, I love your diversity, I love your wildlife, I love your people. Everyone I met whilst travelling was courteous, kind and nice, not like some of the people that have beaten me up about one remark that wasn't directed at anyone, only directed at a plate of food. Now for goodness sake, give it a rest!

Mmm yes.. somehow pointing out differences = bashing in some peoples eyes. I guess they dont get it.

The difference is one of approach, but I like the use of the "they" as if this is "us" vs. "them." Nice touch.

Hmmm reading fail there? They = the people I was referring to in the previous sentence = The people who think that pointing out differences/asking questions is the same as bashing.

*shrugs*

You know at some point, you have to realize that I may have been poking you with a stick. I don't personally like people insulting my country, but it doesn't bother me all that much so long as the person is at least honestly good natured about it, and prepared for a good amount of give and take, but trying to have that conversation on a public message board is all but impossible. I save the real trash talk for poker games.

Anyway, what might have been an interesting discussion in another forum at another time, seems to have pretty much no chance here. You don't know me, and I don't know you, so we can't exactly know what the other's true intent was.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

Fair enough, it's not just distance. If I want to go to Disney World...I don't need a passport. If I want to go to California....I don't need a passport. If I want to go the Gulf Coast...I don't need a passport. If I want to visit, New York, Vegas, etc...I don't need a passport. Blackhills and Mount Rushmore....no passport. Boston, nope.... D.C.....nope. See a pattern here?

Now, in order for me to visit someplace besides Canada and Mexico that require I need a passport, It's going to be an 8-12 hour plane ride.
  • rml_16
    Options
    Because it's fun. And I too am sitting at a desk with nothing to do at the moment.
    Fair enough.

Carry on.
  • ronnyharry
    Options
    Some cultures that are intolerant of all other others and misogynous deserve no respect whatever, they should be ridiculed and fought. Less well off Americans seem to have been hammered by the political class and banksters just like the rest of the world; as far as large portions are concerned, maybe this is because much of the food is processed (cheap for the masses) and the masses get fat, chin up the American Constitution is still an example to us all- you just have to insist on a fair distribution of wealth so that everyone can eat well and noooot soooo much!
  • dbmata
    Options

Fair enough, it's not just distance. If I want to go to Disney World...I don't need a passport. If I want to go to California....I don't need a passport. If I want to go the Gulf Coast...I don't need a passport. If I want to visit, New York, Vegas, etc...I don't need a passport. Blackhills and Mount Rushmore....no passport. Boston, nope.... D.C.....nope. See a pattern here?

Now, in order for me to visit someplace besides Canada and Mexico that require I need a passport, It's going to be an 8-12 hour plane ride.

What they also don't understand is that even though we are "unified states" a lot of them are like foreign countries. New England, the South... hell, we even have our own version of the Azores. (HI)