I'm stuck

Options
Since December, I have lost almost 45 lbs but have been stuck for the past few months. I watch portion size and most times do NOT get to my calorie intake of 1200 a day. I try but being new diagnoised as diabetic, I really watch all the nutrients very carefully. I am not on medication but doing this through diet and exercise. I know that I need to eat more calories but I am not hungary - that is the problem. Sometimes when I eat more, I do lose a little but then the weight stays stuck.

I exercise but probably not enough. Any suggestions on getting this moving again? I still need to lose 20 more pounds then I will be at my goal. I'd appreciate any and all suggestions.

Thanks,
Pat

Replies

• yojibalinese
    Options
    Well that's your problem right there. You need to eat at least 1200 calories a day so that your body does not hit starvation mode. What happens when you starve yourself is that your body actually leaves fat alone and burns other things like muscle instead! In some cases, it even packs on more fat because fat is what the body uses to store energy 'for the winter.' As it expects a hard winter up ahead, it's storing it and leaving it there to use for when food becomes desperate.

You really need to eat 1200 calories a day. At least.

If you're not hungry for more, try some higher caloric foods so your portions stay the same but the calories increase.
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Bumping up your calories will probably solve your problems. I know exactly what you mean when you say it's hard to get to 1200. I can't even do it myself! :noway:

Try sneaking in some extra calories though. If you make sandwiches for lunch, have mayo or avocado and cheese on them. Start purposely buying brands with higher calories. 100 calorie snack packs are great. Small servings, pretty high calorie. (Who said 100 calories was low?!!?)

Good luck. You can do this!!