weighing in

Options
Hi

Is there any harm in weighing in more often than once a week, I think this will keep me motivated better

what do you think please

carol

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,963 Member
    Options
    Do what you want. Whatever keeps you happiest. Lots of people weigh in daily, I'm about once every other week.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    I weigh in everyday, but it drives me bats. :grumble: Up/down, up/down for no apparent reason sometimes. I know I'd be happier if I weighed in once a week or even less often, but I can't help myself.:laugh: So my advice is, if you do decide to weigh yourself more often than once a week, don't take daily fluctuations too seriously and don't let them get you down. :flowerforyou:
  • ken_hogan
    ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Hi

Is there any harm in weighing in more often than once a week, I think this will keep me motivated better

what do you think please

carol

No harm as long as you don't let the daily fluctuations of your weight bother you. Good luck!
  • harleygroomer
    harleygroomer Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I "was" weighing myself every day and getting really discouraged about the slow, slow progress. BUT my trainer took my scale from me and I only see it every 2 weeks and guess what??? I can see the results now. Some weeks are slow some weeks are fast. Does not matter--this is not a diet to me--this is a lifestyle change for the rest of my life. People fail at diets, they don't when thy change their life. So hide your scale and only treat yourself to a once a week peek.
  • anro86
    anro86 Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning because it works as a reminder to me that I am in the process of changing my body. The same reason I log on to MFP daily. I would begin to forget what I am working for if I stopped paying attention to it everyday. Everyone is absolutely different- but this daily reminder helps to keep me focused. :) Do what makes you feel good!
  • EvilDave14
    EvilDave14 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I like to weigh every day, but it's really personal choice.
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    thank you all for your thoughts

good luck