Diet pills

Options
2»

Replies

• godsgrl33
    godsgrl33 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Wow. I feel sorry for you that so many people are bashing you. I think that we all have to find our own way, and if this new medication works for you, then that's fine for you. You are doing this under a doctor's supervision, and it sounds like that since it affects the serotonin levels, then this has to do more with chemicals in your brain, not so much a quick fix. Is it possible that there is some underlying emotional issues at work here? Depression, anxiety, or other disorder? I know when I was going through a depression, and I took Welbutrin, my doctor told me that it may help me lose weight too, probably because of my seratonin or something like that, and it did help to calm cravings. At this time, she was treating my depression, but it had a side effect of lowering appetite. I have taken various diet supplements, but I think the most important part was the calorie deficit. Good luck to you.
  • gwadams402
    Options
    I say forget about the pills. Losing weight is fairly simplistic with self discipline and exercise. We are all different in terms of metabolic rates (mine seems to be low) but after getting a trainer at the gym who focussed on resistance training with free weights and MyFitnesspal.com, my weight has dropped from 202 to 193 in two months. That may not seem much, but slow and steady is better than dropping weight too fast, and my waist, chest, hip and neck measurements are also slowly declining. The key is to build muscle which increases metabolic rates and take in less calories per day than what you burn off, even if it is one or two hundred calories less. Your weight will slowly decline. There is no quick fix to weight loss. To clarify, I don't diet, I just eat foods I love, but in moderation which is also difficullt for me. We all struggle from time to time with weight loss, but you have to do what works for you in the long term. Best wishes in your endeavour.