Sugar Buzz

Options
Hi!

I love sugar. I love sweets. The hardest thing for me is not eating sugar. I'm wondering if anyone has some helpful suggestions besides drinking water to help brush off this buzz!

Replies

• Becka77
    Becka77 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I've found the healthier I eat the less I crave anything sweet, but on the odd occasion that I do I just find something really super rich, take a couple of bites and I'm cured for quite a long time.
  • LettyM62
    LettyM62 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    This might sound lame and boring, but "fruits, fruits, lots of fruits" that's what did it for me... I hardly crave sugar anymore!
  • Kpatty
    Kpatty Posts: 41
    Options
    I'm the same way and still trying to change my taste buds. Sugarfree gum helps. I know it's not the best for you or your teeth...but it helps keep out the wrong foods!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    when craving something sweet it helps to eat carmel corn rice cakes, kettlecorn, real fruit Popsicles, skinny cow ice cream sandwiches, granola bars, etc. In otherwords have something sweet but I have replaced the sweet things I use to eat with better choices......
  • tina_011794
    Options
    Sugar is very difficult to beat down. One problem is that sugar cravings are typically worst around the 3rd day. Not only that, but when we, sugar cravers, are not eating sugar, we are eating bread, rice, pasta, or potatoes. These food metabolize into sugar in the body, recreating this craving. So One way is to try a replacement diet for sugar. Eat products such as sprout bread, which does not metabolize into sugar. It will take a few weeks, but when doing this, it does get easier. I am on 2 weeks and still having problems with my sugar in take, but I am getting better. I am trying to do more natural sugar, but it is not the 60 - 80 grams I was eating before hand. I would have a role of bottle caps always in my car and pop them like pills. I am feeling less tired and have started losing again, after two years of not losing. You have to find what works for you.