need a watch with calories burned tracker

Options
any recommendations? is the body bugg the way to go? heart rate monitor? my budget is low (so i'd have to get something used) and just need your advice. :-)

Replies

• shera426
    shera426 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Hands down get the body bugg. I have had nothing but great success in the 3 weeks I've had it and can only thank the body bugg. I LOVE MFP but now I only jump on every so often to check back with everyone. The information you get from the body bugg is so valuable to weight loss if I had only known years ago to up my calories everyday I would have saved myself so much frustration. I think it's amazing information when you can honestly say exactly how many calories you burn not just during a workout but throughout an entire 24 hr period. Seriously, try it out you won't regret it one minute!
  • lonypony
    lonypony Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT7 and love every thing about it. It was a little pricey here in Australia. I got it on ebay discounted at AU$145- but brand new.

I am sure you would be able to find used ones cheaper - make sure you get the chest strap as well. Easy to use while out and about. Perhaps the only down side would be the light feature is not terribly bright - but I don't tend to go out at night so not really a problem.

I found the calories burned are way more then what my treadmill said and that is because you put your own measurements into the watch. It also keeps a log of past workouts so you can look back and view your good/bad days etc.

I would highly recommend the Polar brand.