Day 3 - Getting Stronger

Options
Entering day 3 of successfully sticking to my new regime and I'm feeling proud of myself. I know it's VERY early days but I have to keep positive about every minute of the journey I'm on. One thing that has struck me is the amount of calories I was "ignoring" when I wasn't dieting. I was under no illusion of how big I am, or the fact that I am VERY greedy, but having to track every single thing I eat and drink makes me so aware of how easily you can pile on the pounds and keep them there. A couple of glasses of juice here, few glasses of wine there, snatching the boys' scraps off their plate here and there, pinching the odd biscuit. The only successful diet I've ever done in the past (but obviously put it back on) was a calorie controlled diet about 20 years ago when I lost 28lbs (in fairness I was much lighter then so was almost at goal). Maybe I should have stuck to that instead of Atkins, Weight Watchers, Slimming World, Special K etc etc. I honestly believe it's this website that's got me through these first couple of days and hopefully it'll get me through the 80lbs I AM going to lose AND KEEP OFF!! Keep going everyone! :happy:

Replies

• lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    good luck i have a 100 pounds
  • cathjones88
    Options
    Thanks very much, good luck to you, you're doing really well, excellent stuff.
  • ruggie
    ruggie Posts: 26
    Options
    In Weight Watchers we call all those "extras" BLT's. Bite, Licks and Tastes. One day I recorded my BLT's. Just to put things into perspective..... I get 22 points a day on WW. I ate my 22 points that day. I also ate 20 points of BLT's. So, without realizing it I was almost doubling my caloric intake on most days. No wonder I gained all that weight! It really was an eye opener for me! You are doing great! Baby steps is the way to go. Changing your habits is going to be key in helping you maintain your weight loss once you reach goal.
  • xojox
    xojox Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    its amazing how those last chicken nuggets/half a fishfinger/smiley face add up isn't it!!!\

I mean look at my diary for yesterday - i would of had a chicken delight from chan's kitchen and eaten nearly a whole days cals in one meal, all the time thinkin 'its not really that bad - just a couple of chips really'!!!

Now i realise the only person i was kidding was me, and thats y its now working, good luck bbs, you'll have ups and downs but you'l always have people on here xxxxx