repeating "good" weeks?

Options
I have been religiously logging everything that passes my lips in my food diary. The week before last, I lost just over 4lbs and was thrilled (I'm on diet chef). This week, I've lost just under a pound. I know it all adds up and would eventually even out but I'm going on holiday very soon and would really like to drop a few pounds before baring all in a bikini....for the sake of others! :laugh:
I was wondering if I ate and exercised exactly as I had the week I lost 4lbs, I'd have another good loss....or if it's just not that simple and I'm being a bit dim.
Has anyone found it works?

Replies

• StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    There is a lot that factors into weight loss, but yeah, if you repeat your "good week" and don't change anything (that includes exercise, water intake, salt intake, etc) then you should come pretty close to the same results. But also keep in mind the more you lose the less your body needs to function, so the more you lose the less calories you'll need to lose weight. I try and adjust my calorie intake every 10 lbs that I lose or so.
  • pinkandloopy
    Options
    thanks skinny....a while to go before I've lost 10lbs but I'll keep that in mind. Being on diet chef makes it easy to repeat an exact week as everything's prepared and all you do is add fruit and veg. I never add salt to eat anything, drink bucket loads of water and don't eat meat so should be a doddle....:laugh: maybe I'll be skinnypink before too long?!
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    thanks skinny....a while to go before I've lost 10lbs but I'll keep that in mind. Being on diet chef makes it easy to repeat an exact week as everything's prepared and all you do is add fruit and veg. I never add salt to eat anything, drink bucket loads of water and don't eat meat so should be a doddle....:laugh: maybe I'll be skinnypink before too long?!

It sounds like it won't be too hard to repeat your week then. :) I wish you luck!
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    My personal experience is that you lose more weight when you start out. That said, it certainly can't hurt to try to duplicate the week given that you are using a plan that makes that easy for you to do. I would just encourage you not to set yourself up with unrealistic expectations. Losing .5 to 2 lbs per week is more of the norm, so if you don't lose another 4 lbs. in 1 week, don't consider it a "failure". It is nice to have goals you want to reach and to definitely shoot for them, but again, be realistic about quickly the weight will come off.