Birth Control

Options
Just need opinions here... Ive been on birth control since i started my diet (in march of 2010) and i just quit taking it (literally! I justctook my last pill tonight!). Does anyone know if going off the pill will have any impact-either negatively or positively on my weight loss? Any input will be appreciated! Thanks! :smile:

Replies

• unFATuated
    unFATuated Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    It's different for everyone, of course. Some people find taking birth control pills causes them to gain weight, some find there's no effect. I've never really had an issue with any form of BC and my weight (that I can correlate - I've been overweight on BC but I'd guess it was more due to overeating than BC alone!). My sister found that when she switched from Implanon to the Pill last year that she gained some weight.

There's really no way to tell how your body will react, but I think that the most common weight-related side effect of the Pill is weight-gain. So you might find the weight comes off a little easier without it, but I won't say that's a guarantee!
  • bridgew24
    bridgew24 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    As my doctor said when I asked about weight gain / loss with birth control: 'It's not the pill it's what you put in your mouth!'
    So I'm figuring that goes both ways, personally I have gone off it once in the past 2 years and saw no difference in my weight / food cravings. :)
  • hoppinglark
    hoppinglark Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    What were you taking?