If you can have any job what would it be?

Replies

• wild_wild_life
    wild_wild_life Posts: 1,334 Member
    Dog walker. Hey, I could walk dogs for the rescue center ^^ :smile:

ETA: I actually have my dream job as a wildlife pathologist. But, it isn't dog walking...
  • To own and run my own facility for troubled juveniles.
  • bernied262
    bernied262 Posts: 882 Member

Yay, lets pair up ;) The plan is to have the center in Southern Ireland (County Cork preferably). Currently looking for property.. It may take a while...
  • Ruler of the World...now shut up and get me a snack
  • Forensic Pathologist
  • wild_wild_life

Yay, lets pair up ;) The plan is to have the center in Southern Ireland (County Cork preferably). Currently looking for property.. It may take a while...

Sounds great, keep me updated! In the meantime I'll try to find a nice Irish lad so I don't have any problems with work permits...

I can also feed, water and provide veterinary care. Ah, networking! :laugh:
  • tootchute
    tootchute Posts: 392 Member
    Marine biologist or vet
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    I would love a job that involves reading manuscripts of antiquity, then cataloguing them, restoring them, translating them. Maybe work in a museum library.
    I'm a history nerd. And a bookworm :)
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,404 Member
    This is actually a very interesting. Growing up I always wanted to be a youth counsellor. Well I am 24 now, and have already done that for a few years...only to discover that youth are...blah.

I am currently an Adult addiction counsellor, but I do not LOVE my job either. I really want to focus my energy into people who are doing wonderful things with their lives. To work with people that perhaps could inspire me.

Well..if I could have any job...I always wanted to try working at the local shelter. An opportunity did come up but then I backed off, because I was scared of seeing animals after being tortured or hurt...I also did not want to get attached to an animal and then having to see them go to a family that may or may not love them forever.

As of lately, I kind of want to work in a gym. :) People being healthy, positive environment...build relationships...I do not know, I think it would be an awesome job that would also keep me on top of my health and fitness goals.
  • bernied262
    bernied262 Posts: 882 Member

Sounds great, keep me updated! In the meantime I'll try to find a nice Irish lad so I don't have any problems with work permits...

I am originally from Ireland (now living in England), so I have a few single male relatives that are animal lovers :) (We (the extended family) also have a Farm in Northern Ireland - mainly dairy farming).
    Some of the properties I am looking at have a separate cottage, so we can throw in accommodation as well :)
    We are looking at properties with at least 40 acres, preferably near the coast. It is so exciting. We started looking into this about 10 yrs ago, but then a family trauma (sudden unexpected death of a young family member) came up so we put the plans on hold for a few years. Now, we are READY!
  • Optician and Ocularist
  • wild_wild_life

I am originally from Ireland (now living in England), so I have a few single male relatives that are animal lovers :) (We (the extended family) also have a Farm in Northern Ireland - mainly dairy farming).
    Some of the properties I am looking at have a separate cottage, so we can throw in accommodation as well :)
    We are looking at properties with at least 40 acres, preferably near the coast. It is so exciting. We started looking into this about 10 yrs ago, but then a family trauma (sudden unexpected death of a young family member) came up so we put the plans on hold for a few years. Now, we are READY!

That's so cool! Good luck!
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    Retired Powerball winner.

Me too!
  • KukuDan
    KukuDan Posts: 76 Member
    A Spy, Just call me Bond, James Bond
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Forensic anthropologist would be a cool job as well.
  • latenitelucy
    latenitelucy Posts: 1,314 Member
    Merkin fitter
  • Th3Wall
    Th3Wall Posts: 25 Member
    full time rock star
  • " King of England"
  • DonaGail
    DonaGail Posts: 190 Member
    I actually fought for and got my dream job..dont laugh, Im a fedex courier! I love it.
    I recently spent a lot of time in hospitals with my mom and also my best friend who became
    terminally ill at the same time and thought that nursing looked very interesting, often
    the attending nurses assumed that I was one!
    When I served on the Grand Jury that appealed to me also...law enforcement.
    I guess I really get into whatever is happening.lol.
    I used to dream of a dog day care, that one may happen when I retire.

Of course winning the lotto would be the best!!
  • Oprah's Man Candy