I don't have scales

Options
I just take measurements and I think I've lost half an inch on my waist (could just be me failing at measuring haha) but how should I adjust my weight on mfp? Because if I am losing weight then my daily allowance of calories would decrease so if I don't adjust it then I'll be eating too much. Should I go by what I should have in theory lost?

Replies

• Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Hey,

It's hard to judge anything without hard data!

If you don't want to buy scales - they often have them in council gyms or you could sneak a peek on a friend's bathroom scales.

If the number on the scale is neither here nor there, for you - go by the fit of your clothes. :-)
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Buy some or find some in a local gym or chemist to use.(use the same ones all the time) weight isn't the whole story but you still need that data to have progress otherwise you're just guessing
  • knackeredat34
    knackeredat34 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    i threw my scales away a year ago and now just weigh myself at my mothers once a month to check its going in the right direction.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    buy a scale
  • TruckersWifeTruckersLife
    Options
    I bought my digital scales off ebay for $4 australian or when you go to a chemist get on the scales and check your weight
  • Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    You could just keep eating as you are until you reach a plateau. I wish I'd never bought a scale as weighing myself has become addictive and the number on the scale doesn't really mean anything. Its not a true measure of how well my diets going. Clothes fitting better and gaining a bit of muscle is, for me.
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    I just take measurements and I think I've lost half an inch on my waist (could just be me failing at measuring haha) but how should I adjust my weight on mfp? Because if I am losing weight then my daily allowance of calories would decrease so if I don't adjust it then I'll be eating too much. Should I go by what I should have in theory lost?

No, you can't do that, because it is just guessing.

All you can do if you do not wish to buy scales, is to either weigh yourself periodically on a set of scales at a shopping mall or if you don't want to do that, the only stats you can put into your "weigh-in" are your measurements, but those will be no good for a ticker.