High protein, quick to make lunches?

Options
Hello,

I'm looking for some ideas for high protein, low cost lunches that are easy and quick to make? Calorie wise anything up to 500 is fine.

I'm due to have my first baby in the next month, so I'm trying to plan ahead. I will be at home so I'll probably prepare the food when I need it.

Natalie

Replies

• Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    I love making huge salads with chicken breast and cottage cheese. That's a good chunk of protein right there, so then you can add whatever you want, I've been on a cranberries and mandarins kick. Yummy. If you want to lower the sodium, go for dry cottage cheese or a lower sodium version. I don't worry about sodium myself. Whey powder is very versatile and can be used for more than just shakes: it can be added to many meals and used for baking etc.
  • Skrib69
    Skrib69 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I often have this problem, particularly as I am out on the road all day for work. One that works for me is......

1 200g pack cold freshwater prawns
    1 pack salsa
    Something salad like

Mix together

Enjoy!

If I am in the office, I will often also add a couple of scrambled eggs with 30g of a good cheese thrown (strong cheddar, Stilton, Cambozola, ripe brie) in so that it just melts when the egg is cooked.