My first 5K...a load of awesome sauce!!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• mimiteh35
    mimiteh35 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Congrats! My family (myself, my fiance, my son, his son and daughter) all started the Couch to 5K program last week. Today we completed week 2, day 1. I am always out of breath and wonder if I can even get to a 5K, this gives me hope that I can and will if I just keep up with it!

Congrats, and what a great brother you have to keep with you! I hope someday I can feel like a runner, too!
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I'm looking forward to my next 5k, although I'm not sure I'll be able to get another one in this year with my schedule. My parents asked me if this was going to start being a regular thing, and I said absolutely!
    Congrats! My family (myself, my fiance, my son, his son and daughter) all started the Couch to 5K program last week. Today we completed week 2, day 1. I am always out of breath and wonder if I can even get to a 5K, this gives me hope that I can and will if I just keep up with it!

Congrats, and what a great brother you have to keep with you! I hope someday I can feel like a runner, too!

I've been running for nine months now, and I'm just now at the point that I can do 2 miles regularly without feeling like I want to die. The 3 miles was pushing it a bit, but it was a good push and not to the point of injury (although I am sore today!). Don't get discouraged if at the end of the program you still don't feel like you can handle the 5k...it took me much longer to reach that point than that program would have allowed, but I have the rest of my life to improve!
  • beabria
    beabria Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I'm so glad your brother was able to support you. I think 36 mins is an amazing time and as a fellow new runner, I would be more than delighted to make such a time myself. :)
  • petechiae
    petechiae Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    So proud of you! Well done!
    I hope I will be able to make a thread like this one eventually too! :)
  • BetsyThomas
    Options
    great job!! I did mine saturday 15th. OMG!!! I had so much fun and I want to do more 5k's!
  • stealthSLOTH
    stealthSLOTH Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Well done! :flowerforyou:
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Love it! You are most definitely a runner! Congratulations!!
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    ok, call me mushy... but that brought tears to my eyes.:happy:
  • pianolover2012
    pianolover2012 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Awesome inspiration. I was touched by your brother's willingness to put your welfare above his own (such a Marine!). So happy that you completed the 5K. Also, please thank your brother for his service to our country. We are forever thankful!!
  • Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! First 5k and shaving 4 minutes off of your previous best definitely counts as awesome sauce!
  • SteveK279
    SteveK279 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Great job! - I had my brother run a 10K with me last month (my first and starting from nil fitness back in October - still haven't got around to doing a 5K yet). Like yours he really pushed me on and I was more than surprised to finish in 57:52. Even more of a surprise was him telling our parents without my knowledge and then phoning them after we passed the 9Km mark so they were ready with the cameras near the finish :)
  • 2moonNback
    2moonNback Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    That is so great! Congrats on your first 5K!
  • brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    You are awesome. You are a rock star. You are beautiful! And your brother is awesome too :) Reading this was a huge day-brightener!
  • A_Warrior_Princess
    Options
    Way to go lady!!! I am so happy for you and your 5k run!!! Keep it going!
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Super congratulations!! I just ran my first 5K over the weekend and my time was not near as good as yours.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!