Done with Diet Books

Options
My hubby and I are cleaning the house out for a yard sale. I came across a box of diet books, Dr. Phil, Dr. Atkins, Suzanne Sommers, South Beach, etc, etc. I've learned a bit from all of them but none of them were for me. They are going in the yard sale because MFP and my MFP buddies are all I really need. Maybe they will help someone else.

Replies

• RuthWorth
    RuthWorth Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Way to go. I do love MFP and I think I am addited to the site now
  • tammyhoff2004
    Options
    I can't believe that it took someone this long to come up with something so handy as MFP. :wink: I absolutely feel as if I have changed my life for good. Like this is my life change. The best part is that it's free!! I have received so much encouragement and support from here. Thank God for MFP!! God bless you!! :flowerforyou:
  • StuAblett
    StuAblett Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    I've got them all too, and while I certainly learned some stuff from them, my epiphany came when I figured out that if it is healthy food and I eat less of it, I'll lose weight :smile:

For example today, I was very very busy, run off my feet and I only managed to squeeze in 1129 calories, 4L of water too, and I'm NOT hungry :noway:

I should sell all my diet books too!

Thanks for the idea! :love:
  • luly727
    luly727 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    LOL, its true here also, threw away a bunch of "diet" books. Nothing is a fit for all people, everyone is differant. I tried the Atkins, the weight watchers, the biggest loser and the Dr Phil books..after a while they all blend in and are BORINGGGGGG so I would fall off my plan and eat and gain it back..

MFP has kept me on track, no books, no latest fad etc..just watching EVERYTHING i put in my mouth, emptying my fridge and cabinets and starting over and logging everything..MFP is my only tool and motivation now :) So something is working here :):)
  • BlueLikeJazz
    BlueLikeJazz Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Between my mom and I we could open a diet book library! Though I've pretty much shoved all mine away and haven't given any thought to them in a long time, nor do I buy diet books anymore, the one "diet" book I definitely will keep on hand is YOU on a Diet by Dr. Oz. That book is realistic, gives lots of science and fun facts, explains the functions of food in your body in an easy-to-understand way, lots of good stuff. All the others can go, though :smile:
  • JennBennett410
    Options
    THAT is so great! I feel the same way. I was a huge fad dieter...I feel into all the traps!