A day of shopping!

keith0373
keith0373 Posts: 2,154 Member
Yesterday we took my 13 and 16 year old daughters school shopping and had an interesting day. We went to a thrift store and goodwill while we were out to pick up some clothes for Melissa and I. She has lost 35 pounds and I am at 57 pounds and we both were being swallowed up by our old clothes. In the first store I found a bunch of Polo shirts in medium that fit. I wore an XL before. THe big suprise was a pair of 32 inch waist jeans that fit great. I had moved up to size 38 (Old navy jeans, which are very forgiving in their sizing) in February, which propted the weight loss in the first place. The cashier also asked my older daughter if I was her brother . . .she was not thrilled.

At the second store, my wife called me over to the dressing room to show me the size 2 jeans that she was fitting into, then called me back a few minutes later to show me the size 0's that also fit. She was very excited and I took a picture and sent it to her sister, Carrie, the golds gym fitness instructor. No response back from her yet. She is not happy that Melissa has lost so much weight and she has not. She doesn't understand how Melissa doing 5000 to 7500 calories a week of cardo does more for her than a couple thousand calories of cardio, some light lifting, and Pilaties type classes do for Carrie.

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!