Your last greatest find (healthy & tasty low cal food)

Options
13»

Replies

• angiez93
    angiez93 Posts: 63
    Options
    Ezekiel bread and Larabars :)
  • Krikit34
    Krikit34 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    plain greek yogurt with sugar free pudding mix (chocolate is my fave so far) and natural peanut butter. I plan to try cocoa powder and artificial sweetener also.

Fat-free, sugar-free cheesecake flavor pudding mix works well, too! Probably much like that cheesecake that was posted. I mix a box of the pudding mix with a 32 oz. plain, fat-free yogurt. (I'll have to give greek yogurt a try). Makes great frozen cheesecake bites - put a vanilla wafer on the bottom of mini-muffin tin, top with yogurt and freeze.
  • lisansc
    lisansc Posts: 14
    Options
    raspberry.png

Amazing!! Seriously tastes like it should be bad :-) and lots of protein

love these!
  • liftingandlipstick
    liftingandlipstick Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    I switched to using almond milk in my protein shake. It really is better for you, and makes the shake taste better.

I love using almond milk in my protein shakes too. I'm also a big fan of Blue Diamond roasted almonds, especially the blueberry, strawberry, and dark cocoa flavors. They're dry roasted and still only 160 calories for about 24 almonds. Lately I've been eating Lean Cuisine spinach and mushroom pizza, but I add some grilled chicken and a little extra cheese to it as well. It's not super low cal (520 calories), but it's got 45g of protein, tastes delicious, and keeps me full. Plus, it's pizza :love:

THANK YOU!!! I LOVE those spinach and mushroom pizzas, and I totally forgot they existed! I know what I'm getting for dinner tomorrow . . . My newest discovery is the Edy's/Dryer's Outshine Fruit and Vegetable popsicles. 35-45 cals per pop, and the Tangerine Carrot is to die for! Now I want one . . .
  • fr053n
    fr053n Posts: 2,793 Member
    Options
    raspberry.png

Amazing!! Seriously tastes like it should be bad :-) and lots of protein

love these!

My addiction. Can't wait to have them once I'm back in the US.

2e2796efd266775f5b5c973113a15304.jpg

These are also amazing.
  • Ke11er
    Ke11er Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    plain greek yogurt with sugar free pudding mix (chocolate is my fave so far) and natural peanut butter. I plan to try cocoa powder and artificial sweetener also.

Fat-free, sugar-free cheesecake flavor pudding mix works well, too! Probably much like that cheesecake that was posted. I mix a box of the pudding mix with a 32 oz. plain, fat-free yogurt. (I'll have to give greek yogurt a try). Makes great frozen cheesecake bites - put a vanilla wafer on the bottom of mini-muffin tin, top with yogurt and freeze.

Me too, SF cheesecake jello pudding with plain Fage plain Greek Yogurt... delightful!! I also like to dip banana or sliced apples in the cocoa flavored PB2 powder, yummo.
  • fr053n
    fr053n Posts: 2,793 Member
    Options

Me too, SF cheesecake jello pudding with plain Fage plain Greek Yogurt... delightful!! I also like to dip banana or sliced apples in the cocoa flavored PB2 powder, yummo.

Also, try adding coffee extract and banana extract to greek yogurt with your choice of sweetener!
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Bacon. Seriously. There are only about 35-40 a slice. Just have some.

QFT!!!! Yes, I always "shunned" bacon for yucky tasting "low fat" processed breakfast sausages (with like, 80-100 cals per serving) in the past. Silly me. Two slices of bacon heaven = 80 cals. Way tastier.

Oh, and also greek yogurt. Yeah, that replaces a lot of "empty" cals for me. I can always use more protein, and works perfectly well as a sour cream or mayo sub in almost anything. Not sure if it's a low cal sub, but it gets the win for filling out my protein macro.
  • hannhr
    hannhr Posts: 22
    Options
    Forte gelato. Lots of protein and tastes just like ice cream!
    Dannon light & fit caramel macchiato yogurt.
  • amy8400
    amy8400 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    chocolate PB2 ...45 cals for 2 tablespoons, peanut butter is 200 for 2 tablespoons.... The difference PB2 is powdered peanut butter with 85% less fat .... It's yummy

^this. PB2 is amazing in protein smoothies.

My favorite finds at Costco are Dietz and Watson light turkey. 2 large slices 56g only 50 calories.

And Jarlsburg lite Swiss cheese. 50 calories per 21g slice.