No issues with Saggy Skin?

Options
I'm seeing lots of posts from people who say that they are dealing with saggy skin after weight loss. It's starting to freak me out and I am hoping to hear from some people who have lost 40+ pounds and DO NOT have issues with saggy skin. What did you do to combat this issue? I am thinking that exercise and strength training will help me not have saggy skin. Just trying to be proactive. Thanks

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    I've been pretty lucky with skin shrinking to fit the new me and I'm in my 60's. It also shrank nicely after both pregnancies. I'm losing slowly and getting good exercise in a variety of ways. My three favorites are walking, yoga, and riding my recumbent bike. I've also done some strength training, although not consistently. I am also careful to get good nutrition. All calories are created equal, but nutrition varies widely and nutrition is important to maintaining good heath and energy. I'm told that genetics plays a big role in this issue but since you're stuck with the genes you were born with, it seems pointless to dwell on the uncontrollable. Good luck to you.:flowerforyou:
  • meganfoster12
    meganfoster12 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I lost 51 pounds and havent had any problems yet; my tips are slow weight loss is better, weight lifting