Greek Yogurt!

Options
I've recently found a new love: Greek yogurt. With such a huge selection of greek yogurt offered today, I went through the process of trying multiple brands until I found Yopliat greek. Even within this one brand, so many greek options exist, from 100 cal greek to 2x protein greek to greek with granola! I used to eat the 2x protein yogurt but recently have not been able to find it all the time! So I've switched over to the 100 cal varieties, which seem to satisfy me just the same so that is what my fridge is now stocked full of! Key lime is by far my favorite of the many flavors! (Any other key lime fans out there?!)
On my most recent shopping trip, I noticed a new variety of yoplait greek! (How is that even possible!?) Has anyone tried the new greek blended variety?! Thoughts? Worth trying? And how about the frozen greek yogurt?!

Replies

• kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Does General Mills have a good benefits package?
  • writergeek313
    writergeek313 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Yoplait Greek is gross. Look at the ingredients--there are all kinds of things that aren't in most of the other Greek yogurt brands. True Greek yogurt is made by straining, not by thickening with corn starch.
  • MrsMX
    MrsMX Posts: 98
    Options
    I tried Greek yoghurt several weeks ago and love it also!

I stood at the dairy section in the supermarket dumfounded at the amount
    of choices on the market ...

Caution when choosing ...So many brands and labels actually
    read as Greek Style Yoghurt!

If its Greek Style then its not actually the real thing ...
    worth reading the labels :))x
  • UCSMiami
    UCSMiami Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I only consume Kirkland Greek Yogurt. Use it to top off end of day needed proteins for macros.

Previously absolutely loved Cabot Vanilla Bean flavor. Wonderful taste. Too much sugar for me compared to other discretionary intake.,
  • Krklawans
    Krklawans Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I tried Greek yoghurt several weeks ago and love it also!

I stood at the dairy section in the supermarket dumfounded at the amount
    of choices on the market ...

Caution when choosing ...So many brands and labels actually
    read as Greek Style Yoghurt!

If its Greek Style then its not actually the real thing ...
    worth reading the labels :))x

I've probably spent way to long lingering around the dairy section, too!
    And, oh, thanks for the advice! I will keep that in mind!
  • arathena720
    arathena720 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I like fage 0% and sweeten it with fresh strawberries, blueberries, raw agave or a tablespoon of simply fruit preserves.
  • cdahl383
    cdahl383 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Yoplait greek yogurt tastes kind of funny to me. It has a bunch of strange ingredients in it too along with some artificial sweetners. My favorite is Chobani greek yogurt and a close second is Oikos. They both taste great and have around 12-15g protein in each serving and only 140-160 calories generally.
  • steveinsea
    Options
    Try FAGE "O" yogurt, pronnounced FAY-ya its low sugar, low carbs. Not sure where its available but I can find it in QFC stores in Seattle, they are part of the Kroger Chain.
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I've recently found a new love: Greek yogurt. With such a huge selection of greek yogurt offered today, I went through the process of trying multiple brands until I found Yopliat greek. Even within this one brand, so many greek options exist, from 100 cal greek to 2x protein greek to greek with granola! I used to eat the 2x protein yogurt but recently have not been able to find it all the time! So I've switched over to the 100 cal varieties, which seem to satisfy me just the same so that is what my fridge is now stocked full of! Key lime is by far my favorite of the many flavors! (Any other key lime fans out there?!)
    On my most recent shopping trip, I noticed a new variety of yoplait greek! (How is that even possible!?) Has anyone tried the new greek blended variety?! Thoughts? Worth trying? And how about the frozen greek yogurt?!

I dont get this fad with Greek Yogurt nowadays. Who started it by the way? And where was it all this time before it became popular this past year or so?

I tried a taste test with 3 of the most popular at the store, they all tasted the same, and I didn't understand why people are flocking to it. I'm still not on the bandwagon, i kinda like Dannon fruit on the bottom, i think the texture of Greek Yogurt is kinda too thick.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Chobani. Only greek one I'll have
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    I like the Yoplait greek yogurt too but I started buying the plain no fat greek yogurt (store brand or what is on sale) in the larger containers. I just add my own fruit or a little honey and I know that it wont have mystery ingredients in it. Now I put it in everything, I use it as a sour cream, I used it as a base for my homemade dressing instead of mayo, I put it in my smoothies, I put it on top of chicken or fish.. the posibilites are pretty much endless. By buying the larger containers you cut down on cost per unit and don't have to recycle as much plastic.
  • mjones6599
    Options
    Yoplait also has an AMAZING caramel and honey frozen Greek yogurt. 90 calories, 5 grams of protein.
  • MrsGriffin67
    MrsGriffin67 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Dannon Light & Fit Greek is my all time favorite. Only 80 calories per individual cup and I believe it is 12g protein. I've been buying it in the 32 oz size container and a serving is 8 oz with 110 calories. Just sayin' :bigsmile:

ETA: I like to add a little Go Lean Crunch Granola...makes a delicious healthy breakfast
  • tammymusic1
    tammymusic1 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I LIke the dannon light and fit too vanilla then I add peanut butter or fruit anything really
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I've just come back from holiday in Crete & I have to say it's put me right off the Greek yogurt I was buying at home. Tastes nothing like it by comparision now.
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    I guess Greek yogurt.is like Spanish rice!
  • arathena720
    arathena720 Posts: 449 Member
    Options

I dont get this fad with Greek Yogurt nowadays. Who started it by the way? And where was it all this time before it became popular this past year or so?

I tried a taste test with 3 of the most popular at the store, they all tasted the same, and I didn't understand why people are flocking to it. I'm still not on the bandwagon, i kinda like Dannon fruit on the bottom, i think the texture of Greek Yogurt is kinda too thick.

Mucho protein.
  • TruckersWifeTruckersLife
    Options
    Chobani. Only greek one I'll have

This one I absolutely love it I am not a yoghurt lover but omg I am addicted to this stuff now as someone on here got me to try it hey Jacki lol
  • retrobyte
    retrobyte Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Chobani is kick *kitten*. Love it.
  • mmipanda
    mmipanda Posts: 351 Member
    Options

oh, is greek yoghurt a fad now??

I really like having some with chopped up fruit & a drizzle of honey for breakfast <3 And I've always used it in cooking (raita, tzatziki, curries etc)

normal yoghurt makes me gag though.