Stretch Marks

Options
raaraa17
raaraa17 Posts: 1,225 Member
Hello people

I had a baby 4 months ago and have been left with a few stretch marks.

Does anybody know how to reduce the visibility of these, or am I stuck with them?

Any help would be appreciated :)

Replies

• diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Could try the dermaroller+ Retin-A+ glycolic acid+ vitamin c combo (currently trying this myself and it's working fairly well.)
  • raaraa17
    raaraa17 Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Thank you :)
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Any body butter is also better than using nothing. Baby oil/olive oil massaged into skin when your still wet after a shower absorbs a lot of moisture into skin. Drinking plenty of fluids to rehydrate. Best thing you can do is give it time. Stretch marks will fade to silver/white from red, & 4mths post baby isn't that long really. They will improve :wink:
  • xvxCelticWandererxvx
    xvxCelticWandererxvx Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I don't think they ever truly go away but with time and the above suggestions, they do get better. I have some that look like faint lines now.
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    It's definitely harder to fix them than prevent them. You could try using a glycolic acid mask. You can easily make your own by using things from your kitchen. Sour cream or a mashed up pineapple, pumpkin, or papaya. Add a bit of honey too. Then smooth it onto clean skin and let it sit for 10-15 minutes. Do this maybe, twice a week. Then, make sure to moisturize. In the daytime, try adding a bit of vitamin c powder to a water based moisturizer. Vitamin C is water soluble and oxidizes very quickly, so if you just mix a pinch in with you lotion and apply it to the area, you'll have a potent vitamin c. Just rub the powder and lotion together in your palms until the crystals have dissolved. Then at night, use an oil or balm. Cocoa, shea, and mango butters, along with coconut, olive, and avocado oils are great. Add a bit of rosehip oil to the balm or butters. It has a natural form of vitamin a (retinol), so it should help the stretch marks.
  • Prettymisssparkles
    Prettymisssparkles Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    Don't think they ever go away but they do eventually fade. Time is your best friend. After I had my son mine where pretty scary looking but now they are light and not as noticeable.

Edit to add...Wow, I pretty much just said the same thing as xvx.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    I like stretch marks.
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    Mostly stuck with. But, everyone, or most people, have stretch marks somewhere, whether from growing up (puberty, height) or out (boobs, muscles for bodybuilders). There are worse things to have. Vit C and an overall good diet is helpful for collagen synthesis, but who knows how much. If the marks really bother you and you are rich (or save up), you could try lasers, which might minimize the look of them, *a bit*.
    43932452 Posts: 7,246 Member
    Options
    Cocoa butter and Shea butter are excellent. Just be patient too.