HELP...

NewMe80xoxo
NewMe80xoxo Posts: 172
edited September 21 in Recipes
Anyone know any good recipes..they don't have to be just healthy ones...that are as good heated up as they are fresh...my boyfriend works a lot of nights and its getting hard to cook for the other three of us here and make sure he has dinner too...

any tips or ideas would be great!!!

Replies

• NancyMoedt
    NancyMoedt Posts: 207
    Anything with a crockpot. It's quick preparation and easy when dinner comes. The only thing is that you can smell it all day. :blushing:
  • jessudd
    jessudd Posts: 133 Member
    I agree--crockpots are terrific.

My husband also works nights (though that's starting to change, so I'm having to readjust again :tongue: ), so I would save leftovers for him or have things I could cook in a hurry. My recent favorite has been a pita pizza--put spaghetti sauce and shredded mozzarella on a whole wheat pita, add some veggies if you like and bake it for, like, 10 minutes at 375. It's as fast as heating something up and tastes a billion times better than frozen! You can even put it together and leave it in the fridge for him to cook if you're not awake when he gets home. And mine are usually under 300 calories, though it depends on how you make it.

Other life savers were... spaghetti, prepped salads/veggies, hummus, beans (you can serve them with rice or turn them into burritos or make a mexican casserole), hard boiled eggs, hearty soups...

It also depends on how he eats. My husband could eat spaghetti or rice and beans every day of his life and be perfectly happy. And he was raised on tv dinners, so his standards for reheated food aren't too high. :laugh: Good luck!!!! Message me if you'd like any similar ideas!
This discussion has been closed.