Back at it again for good this time

Options
sarahruizfitnessjourney
sarahruizfitnessjourney Posts: 192 Member
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
Starting today I'm jumping back in not only with fitness, running and working out out but also changing my way of eating. I hope I don't give up on myself, it's like I think I will fail so I give up before I even have the chance to bust through the walls of failure. One day at a time, one step in front of the other I will conquer this and get back to myself and feeling great as well as being happy. I need to wrap my head around it and stop giving up on myself and actually believing in myself and the process. (wish me luck and strength) I know it's not going to be easy but I have never been more determined. Went grocery shopping last night and tried to make better healthier food choices. (I need all the support I can get to get through this)

Replies

• wannabpiper
    wannabpiper Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Great that you're back on it. What's your plan?
  • Camera_BagintheUK
    Camera_BagintheUK Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Positive self talk! That's what you need. for example, instead of saying "I hope I don't give up on myself" say something like "I can and will succeed".

Seriously, every single thing you catch yourself saying to yourself that is talking you down, stop and turn it around to a positive statement and reapeat it ten times!

You can do it! :flowerforyou:
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.
    I went off slacking for quite a while.
    I have been back full force for the last 1.5 months and I am loving every part of it!
    You can do this.
  • Dawn9229
    Options
    You can do it! You WILL do it!
  • Islandgirl74
    Islandgirl74 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I started on MFP a few years back, and just didnt stick with it. I'm in it for real this time. This is week two. Add me if you wish! Good Luck!
  • PJ64
    PJ64 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Great! Welcome back!
  • sarahruizfitnessjourney
    Options
    My plan is to be more positive and believe in myself. I need to conquer the mental aspect of it. Also I plan to do my best in cleaning up my diet and making healthier choices, along with working out and running. I completed Insanity a month or so ago and want to do a second round. I also want to do some other workout videos that I have at home.
    Great that you're back on it. What's your plan?
  • mwilke
    mwilke Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I have been slipping the past two months. Making excuses like it's too hot and humid to workout. Mostly I work out outside- jogging/ walking and I dehydrated a couple of times... so... But now getting cooler and am determined to get back at it as well. Feel free to add me if you wish.

My advice is take baby steps- don't try to change too much so that you are overwhelmed. You can do this!
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Remember, it's a marathon, not a sprint! Just keep at it even if you get to feeling discouraged. The body does not always act in ways we want it to and is slow to react sometimes.

Congrats at making the decision! YOU GOT THIS!
  • goffley3
    goffley3 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat, tried it, failed. Now I'm back on the wagon for good!!

Good luck!!
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    welcome back and wishing you every success! Positive energy is a great way to get started so keep it up and if we can help along the way, reach out :flowerforyou:
  • Boomer_Sooner1972
    Options
    You said it yourself......"one day at a time". You can do it!
This discussion has been closed.