27 year old mom. Soda/pop sucks!

Options
2»

Replies

• moondawg14
    moondawg14 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Switch to mineral/soda water. I figured out that mostly, I just loved the BUBBLES in soda.

I admit that I have a slight addiction currently to lime-flavored Perrier. It's a little pricey,but one large bottle costs about $2 here in Beijing and lasts me 3 days, or so. So, not really any more expensive than Soda.
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    Oh yes, I love pop.. I just treat it like a good snack that I have every once in while. I stopped buying it too. I actually just ran out of my cans of diet rootbeer and I am not sure if I will get some this week at all. When I went grocery shopping I decided not to get any with the reasoning of "I have a bunch of crystal light left". The more you try new things to drink, you wont even have room for one.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    tomorrow will be 8 weeks here. I dropped soda that day. I will not drink my calories. I went from drinking at least a 2 liter a day and zero water a day to drinking 64+ ounces of water a day. I love water now. haven't missed soda yet. I'm over it.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    I have lost 312 lbs. drinking 2-3 bottles of Diet Pepsi every single day.... I am not seeing the problem?? Am I missing something???

That for many this is a journey to being healthy...not just losing weight!
    I can lose 300# eating nothing but twinkies. it doesnt mean its good for me!

and I based my beliefs on science and have read more than enough peer reviewed studies and I don't fall into the scare mongering. So you can do you and as long as I keep my aspartame intake below 40 cans a day (I think 2 or 3 is well below) then I don't feel the need to panic about drinking a few diet soda's...... and I have regular checkups and have had throughout my journey and all my markers are perfect (Dr. Words not mine) so yes I take this journey serious lets make no mistakes there..... Best of Luck to you........
    Yes, scaremongering is right. Please don't believe everything you read on Facebook. There's nothing proven to be unhealthy about diet drinks. Stressing out over everything and depriving yourself for NO reason... that's what's unhealthy.
  • WenHurley
    WenHurley Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I switched from soda to tea to powerade to water with Mio/Dasani drops. It took a little while but that was over 4 years ago. I can't drink soda anymore. It hurts my stomach so much.
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    I used to be into Diet Pepsi ... I don't know what it was, but I had to drink a bottle or two every day. I eventually thought this was crazy ... mostly cause all the bottles were overtaking my kitchen. So one day I said "enough" and I quit .. cold turkey. It has been about a month now and I don't miss that dang Diet Pepsi one bit. Being able to stop something that I had done for years was very satisfying. I think that if I can do it, anyone can do it.