Need some friends! VLCD 100+ lbs to lose

Options
Hi! I'm Lauren, I'm 23, I currently weigh 18 stone 9 (cringe!) My highest weight ever! I yo yo all the time, going from 11 stone to my current weight and everything in between. I want to finally get the weight off and leave it off! my worst habit is going back to the things i've always eat straight after a diet, which of course leads me to being the weight i've always been. Really determined this time, but need some support, to keep me motivated. Would love someone to chat to through our weight loss journys as I have recently moved to a new area and don't have that support in real life.

thanks for reading, please feel free to get in touch :-)

Replies

• boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    I sent you a friends request. We can all use more support.
  • spice1210
    Options
    Feel free to add me for support! My oldest son is your age!
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Hi Lauren :) Welcome to MFP. Just something to consider, maybe being on a VLCD is the reason why you gain it back when you go back to eating normally. There really is no need to starve yourself. I'm so glad that I've finally learned that! It took me 40 plus years, don't wait that long!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,131 Member
    Options
    Please don't starve yourself. It isn't the way to do it, and this site's Guidelines even prohibit talking about VLCDs here.

Stick to whatever MFP gives you to eat, add back in your exercise and eat those calories too. Lose weight, be happy , keep it off this time.
  • atiana19
    atiana19 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me..I am on every day and have lost 24 lbs already with this site..we can help motivate each other
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Hi Lauren :) Welcome to MFP. Just something to consider, maybe being on a VLCD is the reason why you gain it back when you go back to eating normally. There really is no need to starve yourself. I'm so glad that I've finally learned that! It took me 40 plus years, don't wait that long!

Seriously, this exactly. I lose 130+ in 15 months eating 1800-2200 a day with some exercise (but nothing extreme....40-60 minutes most days a week). I've now been maintaining that loss, nearly effortlessly, for a year.

Starvation is not required.
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,149 MFP Staff
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer my thanks for the respectful and helpful replies to this post, as well as brief explanation for locking this topic.

The forum guidelines include this item:

3. No Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders
    a) Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products will be removed without warning.
    b) Profiles, groups, messages, posts, or wall comments that encourage anorexia, bulimia, or very low calorie diets of any kind will be removed, and may be grounds for account deletion. This includes positive references to ana/mia,]purging, or self-starving. Our goal is to provide users with the tools to achieve their weight management goals at a steady, sustainable rate. Use of the site to promote or glamorize dangerously low levels of eating is not permitted.
    c) Photos intended to glamorize extreme thinness will be deleted.
    d) Those seeking support in their recovery from eating disorders are welcome at MyFitnessPal.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    Olivia
    MyFitnessPal Community Manager
This discussion has been closed.