Soda Substitute

Options
jessudd
jessudd Posts: 133 Member
Perrier (or other sparkling water) + Torani flavored syrup or your favorite fruit juice.

I've tried to cut out soda all together, but this is a nice little treat when I have the craving or am eating one of those meals that just "go with" soda. I don't like mine too sweet, so I use about a tablespoon of syrup for 8 oz of water, but you can sweeten to taste. Perrier also has unsweetened lemon or lime flavors if you just want to try some flavor combinations or if you don't want the sweetness but want something a little tasty and fizzy.

I just had mine with regular caramel syrup (they have sugar free as well), and it was only 35 calories and 8 grams of sugar. I just like having control over how much sweetener I'm consuming--and you can create your own interesting flavors!

Replies

• iambrandice
    iambrandice Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I like to go to Family Dollar and buy this generic brand of sparkling flavored water. One liter for only 50 cents! Well that's what the price used to be, I'm not sure what it is now. But there are no calories and there are different flavors and it reminds me of Sprite or 7up.
  • Skinnytime
    Skinnytime Posts: 279
    Options
    flavored seltzer. yum.
  • Coffee_Kat
    Coffee_Kat Posts: 10
    Options
    I've recently turned to Sobe 0 Cal Life Water. Just 6 carbs and 25 mg sodium. Or occasionally a vitamin water, but they're higher in sugar.