How do you know when you're done losing weight?

Options
13»

Replies

• KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    in my world, you are never done.
    you have to keep with it and maintain.
  • SteveHunt113
    SteveHunt113 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Well done! You should be proud of what you've accomplished!

I agree that you are never truly done. There should always be a goal.

I would not let others influence what you decide. It's about what makes you happy ... so long as you are staying healthy. And you look very healthy!
  • Mitzigan94
    Mitzigan94 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    your doone once u feel the positiveness in your personalirty?

by the way u look much younger on your after photos!
  • nicolen160
    nicolen160 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    You look awesome and I think you are fine, but I think it is up to you how much you lose and what are comfortable with. I have people tell me all the time that I need to stop but I know I am not where I want to be yet, even though I have lost 105 lbs. I think they just say that since they are not use to seeing you that way and it's weird to them. Keep up the good work! Congrats!
  • Happyme2009
    Happyme2009 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Well, according to me, you are "done". :)
    Done losing weight, done getting younger, and done a good job!
    Congrats! now maintain! awesome result.
  • gloriaqzhao
    gloriaqzhao Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    IMO you are never "done"..there is always a new goal whether it be body fat %, strength, bulk etc....

Once you let off the gas then old habits come back and next thing you know you have gained ten pounds..

So keep finding new goals...lose the last ten pounds, then focus on getting to 15% body fat or something..

Could not agree more! If you relax and switch back to your old eating habits, you may lose all your hard work and gain the lbs back. Also it will be even more difficult and take longer to lose the same amount of weight next time, as your metabolism may slowed with aging, and with calorie restriction. If you are happy with your weight, you can aim for toning and muscle building next.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic.

I also wanted to get to a nice round number, but mostly I looked in the mirror and the camera and just decided - that's enough. It was four pounds over my ultimate goal, but in the middle of the 5 pound range the NIH identifies as my 'ideal weight'.

I went on maintenance. And, interestingly, slowly went down to that nice round number without trying. I even dipped below. I am working on maintaining my weight but increasing my fitness. I also found I dropped inches for months after I stopped dropping weight.
  • gloriaqzhao
    gloriaqzhao Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic.

I also wanted to get to a nice round number, but mostly I looked in the mirror and the camera and just decided - that's enough. It was four pounds over my ultimate goal, but in the middle of the 5 pound range the NIH identifies as my 'ideal weight'.

I went on maintenance. And, interestingly, slowly went down to that nice round number without trying. I even dipped below. I am working on maintaining my weight but increasing my fitness. I also found I dropped inches for months after I stopped dropping weight.

Congratulations! the additional muscle you built up worked wonders!
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options
    looking awfully relaxed and mellow in the before pic
  • Fivepts
    Fivepts Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Well, according to me, you are "done". :)
    Done losing weight, done getting younger, and done a good job!
    Congrats! now maintain! awesome result.

Me too. I think you're done (focusing on weight loss). You look great. Do a happy dance. Your stats are the same as my husbands and he looks great. If you want to be muscled then there you go...not done.