women who are or have been pregnant

Options
rAc_hEl
rAc_hEl Posts: 246 Member
2 days ago i started getting allergies. It started with a sore throat only. Next day itwas feeling like i had weakness and fatigue. And now today sinus pressure. Is like everyday its something different. I'm asking if these allergies will delay my period or should i buy a pregnancy test soon?

Replies

• eeyore9394
    Options
    Depends when was the last time you had your period?
  • rAc_hEl
    Options
    August 10 th 2013. They have been 27 days on the dot for almost a year and a half.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Allergies should not have any effect on menstrual cycles. I'm wondering why only women who have been pregnant would be able to answer this question ...

If you've had sex and your period is late, buy a test.
  • MoreThanMommie
    MoreThanMommie Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Allergies should not have any effect on menstrual cycles. I'm wondering why only women who have been pregnant would be able to answer this question ...

If you've had sex and your period is late, buy a test.

^^This.
  • irisheringobragh
    Options
    I read a lot of women who were pregnant had cold symptoms like you are describing before they found out. Better to be safe than sorry. Test.
  • rAc_hEl
    Options
    Didn't mean to offend anyone. I guess cause im totally brand new in this department. Sorry if i offended you.
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Not saying it's not possible, but I've never heard that allergies could delay your period. That's a new one to me. Anyhow, if you are so very regular, have had sex, and now are late, get a pregnancy test.
  • Poods71
    Poods71 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Buy a pregnancy test, if you think that is a possibility. It could be your iron levels as that can cause weakness and fatigue. Then again, if you sinuses are blocked too, it could be sinusitis. Go and get checked out by the doctor is you are worried.
  • rml_16
    Options
    Didn't mean to offend anyone. I guess cause im totally brand new in this department. Sorry if i offended you.
    No one is offended. I'm just confused. I expected a question about pregnancy symptoms or weight loss or something. You wouldn't have had to have been pregnant (I have been) to answer this question is all.
  • babyshme
    babyshme Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    One of my kids "was" a cold and one "was" a "food poison".... Odd, how that worked out. I love my "cold" and " food poison". One is 10 and one is 7. I have one more but all she gave me was sore boobs.

Yeah I can see where she is coming from.
  • RawCarrots
    RawCarrots Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I too haven't heard of allergies delaying a period. However many other things may - travelling, stress, etc. Since your period has always been spot on and you are already 10 days late, it's really time to do a test:wink: Hope you get the result you wish
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    At first I was thinking this was kind of a silly post, but then I remembered the first time I got sick in over 2 years was when I first got pregnant.

Get a test you never know.
  • fShaw86
    fShaw86 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I don't think allergies can indicate if you're preggo or not. I'm asthmatic and get hay fever, and those two didn't show up... but then again, each body is different you may wanna go see your doctor regardless.
    :)
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    No but with my first pregnancy I was freezing cold long before I knew I was pg.
  • rml_16
    Options
    OK. I think I get it now.

The REAL question was, "Can the allergies be a SIGN of pregnancy?"

I do not know. I didn't have that symptom. But my advice stands. Get yourself a test. And don't take any meds until after you take the test.
  • briprzy
    briprzy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I had cold/allergy symptoms last year a week before I found out I was pregnant (was about 4 1/2 weeks at that point, about a week late on my period). I would get a test, if you're unsure it's better to know for a fact. If you want to wait it out for a week, like I did, don't drink or do anything silly for the next week till you get your period or take that test!
  • Nicholec2003
    Nicholec2003 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Weakness and fatigue could definitely be a symptom. I have a friend who gets nasal congestion every time she is pregnant. I don't think a sore throat would be, but everyone has different issues, so you never know. Definitely take a test if you're concerned. At 10 days late, it should be pretty accurate by now.
  • mommabenefield
    mommabenefield Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Allergies wont delay your period at least not that I've ever heard,....

If you're late, wait for a few more days, a week or two if you can stand it and take a test.

I didn't have any 'signs' and mine are always irregular, so i pretty much took my two tests on a whim at 3 in the afternoon and they were positive (cheap Walmart test a day apart)

ETA: cold symptoms/allergies are 'a part' of pregnancy for some women but colds and allergies do not delay your cycle.
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of this being a symptom and I've had 4 kids, but I guess you never know

Go buy a test OP, good luck!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    If you have sex and your period is late you buy a test and take it. You may have various symptoms if you're pregnant, you may not, every pregnancy is different. There is no way for the interwebz to know if you're pregnant, that's between you and the stick you pee on.