Low Fat Chocolate Pie

Melis25Fit
Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
edited September 21 in Recipes
Found this on eatbetteramerica.com--- I revised it a little because I didn't feel like shaving chocolate to put on top- I'm not that fancy.
I made it last night. Was super easy, and the hubby LOVED it! I agree you can't even tell anything is sugar/fat free!!! Scrumptious!

prep time: 20 min
chill time: 4 hrs
makes 10 servings

1 package 1.4 oz - fat free, sugar free instant chocolate pudding prepared

1 tsp vanilla

8oz fat free cream cheese

8 oz light or fat free whipped cream ( I used fat free cool whip)

1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries.

1 chocolate pie crust ( I used oreo)

1. Prepare the pudding - set aside.
2. Place cream cheese in microwave safe bowl. Micro 15 sec. then stir. Repeat once more.
Beat cream cheese w. mixer for 30 seconds. Add pudding mixture until well blended. Fold in half the cool whip.

Spread mixture into pie shell and top with remaining cool whip and raspberries on top.
Chill for at least 4 hrs!

(I did enter this reciepe in the data base as Low Fat Chocolate Pie!)

160 cals/ slice
6g fat
320g sodium
23g of carbs
5 g protien

Replies

• oh sounds yummy....I'll be trying - tks for sharing!!! ALWAYS nice to remember we CAN still enjoy our fave desserts, like this...all about making it right!! Thanks again.
  • sadenniston
    sadenniston Posts: 96 Member
    That sounds soooooo good! Thanks for sharing!!
  • antiadipose
    antiadipose Posts: 447
    i wish some1 would make this for me! lol
  • onyxlibra7
    onyxlibra7 Posts: 93
    BUMP! =)
  • Melanie1967
    Melanie1967 Posts: 238 Member
    Awesome! And I am going to the grocery tomorrow! Guess what just got added to my list.......LOL!
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Nice!! I LOVE chocolate pie - it's a specialty in our house ... this might have to make its way back in! Now at Thanksgiving, remind me to figure out how to make the chocolate pumpkin cheesecake (and make it healthy this time) mmmm...

:happy:
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Mmmmm...I'm headed to the grocery store in a bit & will get stuff to make this for my family reunion tomorrow! Then I won't have to worry about cheating with someone else's fatty dessert! Thanks Melissa! :bigsmile:
  • pitapocket
    pitapocket Posts: 287 Member
    bump
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Ok - Melissa - have a question about the pie. I made it Sat night about 10:30pm for my family reunion yesterday. Then at 8am Sunday morning I took it out of the fridge & put the pretty coolwhip deco on top (using my decorator) then put the raspberries on as well & put it right back in the fridge.

Then when I was ready to go at 11:45am to my family reunion (20 mins away) I took it out & by the time I got there it was a gooey mess! It looked like melted ice cream! :sad: Did that happen to yours?

Maybe It should be made in layers? I was thinking next time to make the pudding & let it set in the graham cracker crust, then layer the cream cheese on top of that, then the cool whip? Anyone else have any problems or ideas on this ??

Thanks. Oh by the way - it was still a very yummy gooey mess! I had 2 pieces! LOL:bigsmile: :laugh: :bigsmile: :laugh: :bigsmile:
  • katlou2
    katlou2 Posts: 199 Member
    bump:flowerforyou:
  • chelleim
    chelleim Posts: 78
    bump!
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    bumpity bump bump!
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    bumpity bump bump!
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Bump-ola.
  • that sounds delicious. I will have to try it.
  • tlp8rb
    tlp8rb Posts: 556 Member
    Wonder how many calories you could shave by using a chocolate-flavored cereal, ground, for the crust. Something like coco-rice, or coco-wheats. I would grind them in a blender or food processor, then add a couple of tablespoons of liquid egg, pat into a pan and bake in an oven until set and crisp.

Bet you could save at least 20-30 calories a slice.
This discussion has been closed.