DC Navy Yard Shooting

Options
Momf3boys
Momf3boys Posts: 1,637 Member
All my fellow DC folks, please stay safe...active shooting at the DC Navy Yard...gunman still not in custody and this has been going on for over an hour and a half. Reports say 5 people shot!!!

Be careful, people!

Replies

• doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    Yes do be careful. That is awful... what is this world coming to? :cry:
  • _Krys10_
    _Krys10_ Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Prayers for all those NAVSEA folks.
  • Momf3boys
    Options
    Now saying 10 people have been shot...one MPD Officer and one military officer and 8 civilians...possible fatalities
  • asimmons221
    asimmons221 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Crazy, I had no idea...

Not sure why people feel the need to do these things.
  • jjinteso
    jjinteso Posts: 2,060 Member
    Options
    Another Fort Hood type incident? Or don't you know yet?
  • FP4HSharon
    FP4HSharon Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    too soon to tell, security forces have gone inside, but the shooter is still on the loose...black male, bald, about 6', dressed all in black. At least 10 people shot, w/fatalities, some injured, but trapped in the building until the shooter is found. Seems too organized to be a regular disgruntled employee, he shot out the Tower Cam. Also they closed National airport until the situation is resolved, not sure if they're concerned about the shooter, or other terrorist activities that could be related.
  • _Krys10_
    _Krys10_ Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Just read that Defense Officials are saying that the shooter is contained but not in custody.
  • becky10rp
    becky10rp Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    My Sister-In-Law works at the Navy Yard - her building is in lock-down..............she's okay - but things are tense..........great way to start the week, huh?!
  • Momf3boys
    Options
    My cousin is locked in a conference room right now. She is in the same building as the shooter...this is terrifying.
  • Momf3boys
    Options
    Now there are unconfirmed reports of a second shooter...the bridges are closed...I have no idea how I'm going to get home.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    So sorry. It sounds like they have the shooter cornered. I'm sure they will bring this to a quick resolution. This guy picked the wrong place to start trouble.
  • jlanderson_12
    jlanderson_12 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    OH NO!!! :cry: Glad my commute doesn't go past there. Praying for everyone :heart:
  • jlanderson_12
    jlanderson_12 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    OH NO!!! :cry: Glad my commute doesn't go past there. Praying for everyone :heart:

Actually-that might explain the traffic this morning :noway:
  • xX_Samantha_Xx
    xX_Samantha_Xx Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    This is horrible. Every time. What the heck happens to people and their minds that they decide to go and shoot innocent people??.. It's crazy.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    in beltsville, md today but i have family and friends working in DC...stay safe everyone....xoxoxo. i don't understand the world sometimes. :( i still believe that most of us are inherently good people, but it's sickos like the shooters that pollute the world.
  • Momf3boys
    Options
    They have closed Bolling AFB too...traffic nightmare in the making...I'm praying that my cousin gets out of there alright! They need to kill this guy but now there are unconfirmed reports of a second shooter...they have triages set up on the 11th Street bridge...it's a MESS!
  • Momf3boys
    Options
    They have closed Bolling AFB too...traffic nightmare in the making...I'm praying that my cousin gets out of there alright! They need to kill this guy but now there are unconfirmed reports of a second shooter...they have triages set up on the 11th Street bridge...it's a MESS!
  • icyeyes317
    icyeyes317 Posts: 226 Member
    Options

They can't 'just kill him'. There is an escalation of force procedure they have to follow, to get him into custody using the least amount of force necessary. Not only that, but they need to confirm who the shooter is, if the person is acting alone, and make sure he/she doesn't have any hostages or has rigged something up to explode if he is shot.

There is a lot more behind the scenes with situations like this than reported on the news.
  • Momf3boys
    Options

They can't 'just kill him'. There is an escalation of force procedure they have to follow, to get him into custody using the least amount of force necessary. Not only that, but they need to confirm who the shooter is, if the person is acting alone, and make sure he/she doesn't have any hostages or has rigged something up to explode if he is shot.

There is a lot more behind the scenes with situations like this than reported on the news.

Yes, I know...I work for federal law enforcement...I only say to kill him out of disgust in this world.
  • icyeyes317
    icyeyes317 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    well, I can't say that I don't agree there. They should send him to Texas if they arrest him...they have an express lane for execution.