New York's Nina Davuluri crowned 2014 Miss America

Options
patfriendly
patfriendly Posts: 263 Member
The first Indian American to win Miss America, Nina Davuluri from New York wins Miss America 2014. What do you guys think?

america.jpg

usa-missamerica-winner.jpg

usa-missamerica.jpg

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/new-york-crowned-2014-america-article-1.1456960

Replies

• KarenisPaleo
    KarenisPaleo Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    She's awesome! Good for her
  • teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I was really rooting for Miss Kansas, Theresa Vail, so a bit disappointed, but always glad to see people achieve their goals.
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    I think its awesome that at least the Miss america judges realize now that we are a country of many flesh tones and ethnicity- bout time
  • latenitelucy
    latenitelucy Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I think she's beautiful.
    Sickened at all of the backlash it has caused though.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    She's stunning!!
  • teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
    Options

This, too.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    I think it's great for two reasons.

1. She's a beautiful woman.

2. It's also setting the racists' pants on fire. Showing that even though the US is a diverse country, the ignorant get to flap their jaws and the rest of us can't harm them, because that would be wrong. >_<
  • jenbk2
    jenbk2 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    She is beautiful on the outside- but from what has been reported she isn't beautiful on the inside. Calling other contestants fat..etc. Not impressed.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I think she is beautiful and intelligent (she's a University of Michigan grad, so of course lol). I thought her talent performance was the best of those who were left in the competition at that point. She dodged her question a bit, but so did 3 of the other 4, and at least what she said was interesting.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    She is beautiful on the outside- but from what has been reported she isn't beautiful on the inside. Calling other contestants fat..etc. Not impressed.

Do you really expect anything different from Miss America?

I mean, other than maps, and the iraq.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    I don't like pageants, I think they're really stupid. even if it was a MR America pageant I would still find it boring and pointless. that being said, good for her, she's pretty and I'm sure she is excellent at dancing and giving vague, PC answers to mildly controversial questions.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options

This, too.

What backlash has there been?
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    would bang
  • MichaelleahciM
    Options
    I don't like pageants, I think they're really stupid. even if it was a MR America pageant I would still find it boring and pointless. that being said, good for her, she's pretty and I'm sure she is excellent at dancing and giving vague, PC answers to mildly controversial questions.

^^^this
  • ShaSimone
    Options
    I think she's beautiful and deserves to win and represent America...it's what our nation is all about!
  • SmileCozYouCan
    SmileCozYouCan Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I think it's great for two reasons.

1. She's a beautiful woman.

2. It's also setting the racists' pants on fire. Showing that even though the US is a diverse country, the ignorant get to flap their jaws and the rest of us can't harm them, because that would be wrong. >_<

This! =) She's gorgeous.
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options

^^^this

Wait I'm confused. Is this like a season of The Bachelor all in one night?
  • SkinnyFatAlbert
    SkinnyFatAlbert Posts: 482 Member
    Options

This, too.

What backlash has there been?

There were lots of Twitter comments about her ethnicity, etc. Lots seemed to link her Indian heritage to 9/11 for some reason.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    would bang

Concur.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    would bang

Concur.

6a4f953a1fc49b372727b9e8a09ba055.jpg