I think I popped a blod vessel...

Options
jhoyett
jhoyett Posts: 92 Member
That's supposed to read "blood vessel".

Has anyone had this happen before? When does this excruciating pain go away and what can I do to get rid of it quicker?? Should I see a doctor??? HELP!!!

Replies

• nikki91950
    nikki91950 Posts: 647
    Options
    My goodness. Where do you think one popped at?
  • jhoyett
    Options
    Right calf...happened during step class. I couldn't even finish the class!
  • second_1
    second_1 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    You should at least be icing it and elevating it. Keep the ice on for 5 mins and off for 5 mins. I have never had that happen myself but I hear it is very painful. My little sister popped one in her head last week, from throwing up so hard with the flu. Good luck..
  • jhoyett
    Options
    Now THAT sounds dangerous. I hope she's okay.
  • Yurippe
    Yurippe Posts: 850 Member
    Options
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I would go to the doctor, I've had burst blood vessels before but they didn't hurt.
    In the meantime maybe icing the area would help.
    take care
  • Raynedancer
    Raynedancer Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    What makes you think it was a blood vessel? Could you have torn a tendon or ligament? I would definitely ice it off and on, keep it elevated and follow-up with the doctor if it doesn't resolve within a day or two.
  • jhoyett
    Options
    You're right, I'm not sure. I'll see what happens and I may end up having to get it checked out.
  • jabarih
    jabarih Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Wow, I didn't know you popped a blood vessel. Are you sure it's a blood vessel and not just a strained muscle?? I hope you are ok and get well soon b/c you need to be able to work out to keep up with me. :)