Protein Powders for Women

Options
Hey guys,

I was, up until last week, using Jillian Michaels' Whey Protein. But I've been looking everywhere and can't find it in any store anymore. It took me roughly 6 months to get through the two giant tubs I had. And now even looking online everywhere shows it on their site but says "Currently not available."

So I'm turning here. Are there any good powders out there for women? I don't want to bulk up just like the source of protein it provides to my diet.

Namaste,
Nika

Replies

• hockey7fan
    hockey7fan Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    My absolute favorite is Syntrax Matrix. I love the dark chocolate truffle and the Caribbean cooler (tastes like a pina colada). The twisted cherry isn't bad either. One of my friends loves the mint chocolate cookie. The Fuzzy Navel isn't terrible and the Crystal Sky (citrusy) is decent.

My friend and I are both WLS patients and this is the one the RD recommended. It's a decent amount of protien.
  • tquill
    tquill Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing as a gender-specific protein powder. If there is, it's just a marketing gimmick. There's tons of powders that would work great, just find the one that fits your macros and has a good taste.

My favorite has been dymatize casein, it mixes well and it tastes pretty good.
  • MTBrob
    MTBrob Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Every one has a preference. Really any protein will work for you and the more expensive doesn't always mean its better.

There are vegan'ish options out there as well(if thats your thing) . Like Soy Protein as well as RIce and I think Peas as well.
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    1. Women don't need a specific type of protein powder
    2. You are not going to bulk up from using a "man's" protein powder. :laugh:

I use Body Fortress. Love the Strawberry kind. Drink it with almond milk. Yum. Can get it at Walmart and Walgreens.
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Protein powder is protein powder. And it won't make you bulk up. Sigh.:ohwell:
  • ironmonkeystyle
    ironmonkeystyle Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Trutein Cinnabon
    Trutein Chocolate Peanut Butter
    Nitrofusion Vanilla

I eat these proteins and have turned into a woman with bulky muscles. I guess that's how protein consumption works?
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    Like everyone else has stated. Protein is gender specific. Any Whey Isolate would be perfect for you.
  • mrslcoop
    mrslcoop Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I second, third, whatever what everyone else said.

My personal favorite is Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard. My favorite flavor is cinnamon graham cracker. Yummm.
  • tgrady20
    tgrady20 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Try Aria Women's Protein Powder...they're right protein powder is all the same but this one had a little extra iron which is what a lot of women lack. other than that, it's just plain ole protein powder.
  • Ainar
    Ainar Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Protein powders specifically for woman? This is just silly. All protein powders are pretty much the same. Only difference is in flavor and taste. If protein is advertised as one specifically for woman then that is just a marketing trick...

You can't get too bulky from eating wrong protein powder. Just like you can't get too bulky from eating meat, what has huge amounts of protein in it. It's about how you exercise to reach your goals food and supplements are just a fuel...
  • Cindy311
    Cindy311 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Ummm, lol...

Optimum nutrition has the best powders (imo), especially the chocolate casein.
  • HannahJDiaz25
    HannahJDiaz25 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Watch out for Jillian's Protein. I read a study on chemicals in protein powders and hers was listed with the most toxic...needless ot say I stopped using it!

I just use Gold Standard 100 percent Whey isolate. Its good.
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    So I'm turning here. Are there any good powders out there for women? I don't want to bulk up just like the source of protein it provides to my diet.

Namaste,
    Nika

Yeah, the same ones for men.
  • kckBxer396
    kckBxer396 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    It's not really specific as far as gender. Personally, I use Body Fortress. My friend and her husband both use it as well. It's within my budget,and the chocolate mixes well with coffee.
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    I use Sunwarrior protein powder. It's vegan and doesn't contain soy. One scoop has about 80 calories and 16 grams of protein. (And men can use it too...;) )
  • _firecracker_
    _firecracker_ Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    <--I eats all the proteins and I woke up like this!!!

Protein is protein. Should only one gender eat chicken or eggs? I use Now Sports whey protein isolate because it has nothing artificial. But that's my cup of tea. Usually you can buy single serve samples to test them out.
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Should only one gender eat chicken or eggs?

Yes. You should eat hot dogs and I shall eat burgers
  • _firecracker_
    _firecracker_ Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Should only one gender eat chicken or eggs?

Yes. You should eat hot dogs and I shall eat burgers

Can I haz meatballs?
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I use Body Fortress

Chocolate Peanut Butter (Whey) -- tastes very good!
    Strawberry (Whey) -- tastes good!
    Vanilla Creme (Whey Isolate) -- Very good!

As others said, protein powders are not gender specific.