Thigh and butt slimming exercises?! Help please

Options
I NEED SOME HELP PLEASE!: ok I hate my thighs and ive always had a "ghetto" booty even when i was 145lbs in HS. Every morning I do 3 sets of 10 squats and 3 sets of 10 lunges with 20lbs weights in EACH hand. What other exercises can I do to slim my butt and thighs?! Thanks for the help! :) I like my big butt i just want to firm it up lol and i want my thighs slimmer they are the only thing left i dont like.

Replies

• socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    I NEED SOME HELP PLEASE!: ok I hate my thighs and ive always had a "ghetto" booty even when i was 145lbs in HS. Every morning I do 3 sets of 10 squats and 3 sets of 10 lunges with 20lbs weights in EACH hand. What other exercises can I do to slim my butt and thighs?! Thanks for the help! :) I like my big butt i just want to firm it up lol and i want my thighs slimmer they are the only thing left i dont like.

Welcome to my world - I would love to lose 2 inches off my thighs.

What is a "ghetto"booty?
  • writergeek313
    writergeek313 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Remember that you can tone the muscles, but you can't spot reduce fat. Muscle can't make fat go away, and fat doesn't turn into muscle. The only way you can reduce the fat in any part of your body is to work on losing weight overall. Strength training does help your metabolism and is part of a healthy weight loss plan, though, so it will help you in the long run.

I've found that the hip adduction and abduction machine, the leg curl and leg raise machines, and the leg press machine really help me to tone my hips, quads, and hamstrings. Biking, walking, or jogging at an incline will also help, as will an arc trainer or an elliptical machine.
  • MrsCarpenter719
    MrsCarpenter719 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    @SOCAJAM a ghetto booty is a big butt kinda like a bubble butt? I have to buy my pants to fit my butt but they will be big on my waist lol. @WRITERGEEK313 I dont have a gym membership or babysitter so I have my own 2 20lb dumbbells at home and i run and will be getting a stationary bike in a few weeks! :) Thanks for the response, i just want to tone my thighs up
  • phjorg1
    phjorg1 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    there is no such thing as a slimming exercise. you can't spot reduce fat.

eat less calories than you consume with balanced macros. do a full body resistance training template to keep lean mass. Fat will be lost where the body genetically decides to lose it.
  • letsdothiskaren
    Options
    Get on all fours, extend one leg, bend your knee, flex your foot, and move your leg up and down.
    I forget what these are called, but they work (for the booty) After a while, place dumbbells behind your knees for more resistance.
  • Imabemee
    Options
    squats aren't going to make your butt smaller- it'll make it look better, higher, firmer, rounder, etc... but not smaller.

your diet is what is going to slim your butt and thighs the best.
  • phjorg1
    phjorg1 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Remember that you can tone the muscles, but you can't spot reduce fat. Muscle can't make fat go away, and fat doesn't turn into muscle. The only way you can reduce the fat in any part of your body is to work on losing weight overall. Strength training does help your metabolism and is part of a healthy weight loss plan, though, so it will help you in the long run.

I've found that the hip adduction and abduction machine, the leg curl and leg raise machines, and the leg press machine really help me to tone my hips, quads, and hamstrings. Biking, walking, or jogging at an incline will also help, as will an arc trainer or an elliptical machine.
    whats the difference between a toned muscle and an untoned muscle?

i also love how you correctly say you can't spot reduce, then suggest a bunch of spot reducing methods...
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    The only way to "tone" your thighs is to continue resistance training to maintain muscle mass in the area as you lower overall BF% through diet and exercise.

You can do all of the lower body exercises you want, but if there is fat in other areas of your body that your body will want to burn first, it will.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Lift big

Lose fat

That's what works for me anyway. I have quite a tail, I love my tail . . . I've embraced the way that I'm built instead of resisting it (resistance is futile) and have decided that if it's going to be big it's also going to be perky. I squat 170 pounds on a good day (155 on a bad).
  • AryaSnow
    Options
    You could try the Brazilian Butt Lift exercises, I'll give them a try this week
  • dawndm88
    dawndm88 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I went 95% gluten free, dairy free and processed food free and lost most of my weight off my thighs and butt. My teenage daughter tells me I now have a flat butt. I don't know if it has anything to do with what I cut out of my diet or if that's just where my body decided to lose first but I'm not complaining.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    I went 95% gluten free, dairy free and processed food free and lost most of my weight off my thighs and butt. My teenage daughter tells me I now have a flat butt. I don't know if it has anything to do with what I cut out of my diet or if that's just where my body decided to lose first but I'm not complaining.

It's where you lost it from first in your caloric deficit, not what you cut out.