UGHHH I just finished eating out of anger!!!!!!

Options
My 16yr old daughter infuriated me SO much that I came home and raved the refrigerator. Luckily all I ate was fruit (canteloupe, watermelon, and a necterine). I feel fat now :o(
I wanted something sweet but for my sake, I don't buy anything sweet, so I had to settle for the fruit, which was satisfying. I wanted to SCREAM!! I caught her in a lie, which is not the first time she lied to me. I told her she had to come right home after work tonight and that she is grounded. She then calls her dad and asks to spend the night. I don't know why she thinks she can go see him when she's grounded. He's a deadbeat anyway....but that's besides the point. I've raised both my kids without any help and I think I've done great so far, but this lying is going to be the death of me!!!!
Thanks for letting me vent! I feel better now. :smile:

Replies

• taijade
    taijade Posts: 38
    Options
    I'm impressed that you anger-ate fruit if I'm honest!!
    That's pretty good, you know that your mindset is changing for the better when you do that rather than calling Dominos for their largest pizza with everything on it.

Regarding the situation with your daughter, I wouldn't even know where to start; but I really hope it gets sorted for you - it can't be fun for you to catch her lying outright to you.

:flowerforyou:
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    Bummer :( I can remember doing that to my parents.... I hope you are able to deal with her about it and get to the bottom of it so it can be resolved. Thank God you only ate fruit! Sometimes when I am frustrated/angry I will go for a walk, a nice bike ride, or a really intense run on the treadmill... then I am too tired to be mad. Hope all gets worked out.
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I guess the alternative to taking out your anger could have been a whole lot worse than eating some fruit! If anything, you probably went over you sugar ,but hey, once in a while to vent is good, you probably burned a few calories in the process :tongue:
    I've ate out of anger before, but I'm trying to switch that from eating to doing some exercise instead (like Tai-Chi, a few minutes of arms using 10 or 15lbs dumbbells, etc). It adds more calories so if the exercising doesn't vent off enough, I can still go and eat something lol:happy:
  • fun_mom
    fun_mom Posts: 54
    Options
    I can't relate because I'm still dealing with whining and picking up toys and not teen stuff yet so it looks like your going to get some good advice here on that. I will say I'm SUPER impressed that you ate only fruit while angry. I'd have been in the car getting ice cream with maybe a mc donalds stop on the way!!!! Instead of feeling bad about that you should be proud! I'm proud of you and I know your daughter will come to her senses. I may not have a teenage daughter (YET) but I was 16 once and I remember being totally at odds with my mother when I was that age!
  • dfwtxmissy
    dfwtxmissy Posts: 102
    Options
    Fruit...awesome..
    The deadbeat part..I understand and I also understand the daughter lying..been there got the Tshirt..
  • metizzy2
    metizzy2 Posts: 122
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I really do appreciate your input. As far as my daughter goes, I try to remember how I was with my mom at that age, and it was not pretty. I did things I'm not proud of, so I guess this is my punishment. Now I know how my mom felt when I was driving HER crazy. I'd never admit that to my daughter though.
    I normally take myself out of the situation that causes me to eat when I'm not hungry, like today. I just wasn't thinking. But as most of you mentioned, I am glad it wasn't ice cream, chocolate, or something else that's off limits. As fat as I felt for eating so much, my clothes are STILL fitting loosely, in fact, they have been fitting that way for a while now, despite my feeling so fat. How can that be? I guess I'm losing inches because the scale isn't budging!!!