STARVING

Options
So yesterday was the first day I finally got back into working out in about 4 days. I had something done so I couldn't run like I normally do and after trying yesterday it was still too sensitive for me to do it. But I did my other routine (30 day shred). All in all yesterday was a productive day and I was under cal ect ect (my food diary is public, feel free to check).

Now today I am just starving. My food is a carbon copy of the day before but without feeling full. The protien bar should have filled me but I just want food and I've had to keep my mind busy for the past 3 hours so I wouldn't run out to the movies and be "forced" to eat out (which is still nagging me as a I cook dinner) but still. Anyway to stop the cravings, is it normal or is it just my body reacting to yesterdays workout still?

Replies

• fun_mom
    fun_mom Posts: 54
    Options
    I'm really not sure the right answer here but I know I go through periods of just being so hungry it consumes me! I think those are the days that test you the most. The only way I have found to get through it is to eat every last calorie I'm allotted for the day, drink tons and tons of water (sometimes with crystal light to break it up some) and go to bed early! Good luck. Hopefully someone else will have a better answer or ideas for you!
  • skygoddess86
    skygoddess86 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    This happens to me alot in response to working out. Yesterday I got an elliptical and did my first workout. Only 40 minutes which isn't alot for me but today I am ravenous. If I am that hungry I just go ahead and eat more, within reason and since I have lost 30 pounds I guess that must be ok.
  • naturebaby
    naturebaby Posts: 161
    Options
    well...I;m usually very hungry the day after I play 18 holes..not the day of. so yes I think its possible that our bodies need more food after the fact. In looking at your food diary i don't really see much quantity of food eaten. event tho a can of tuna is high protein and good for you, it doesn't stick to your ribs like say pasta or a big bowl of soup or maybe a baked potato..something with more substance. Maybe try for low fat & high proteins but more filling foods. good luck
  • dfwtxmissy
    dfwtxmissy Posts: 102
    Options
    According to some studies...you can burn cals up to 36 hours after working out so yes...your body is needing food..I wouldn't go for bad foods...but food..good food..protein.
  • mamaDaisyJ
    mamaDaisyJ Posts: 395
    Options
    I say, if you are hungry EAT~ starving leads to bingeing
    Just pick something really low cal so you can have enough to get full. When I like celery and hummus for this. 100 calories for 2 stalks and 2 tblsp.
    And yea, your body might just be getting ready for the calories its expecting you to burn today. And guys have hormones too, so it could just be one of those days. And you can always go for an extra walk this evening if you do happen to go over a bit.
  • wolverinefactor
    Options
    Yeah my fat intake is rather poor. I live with roommates so I do my own food and usually have limited or no kitchen use so I make food in advance and in larger portions. I figured the protein bar would have fixed the issue but I guess not (it adds my needed fiber and means I never need to get down a shake again, bleh). But I read somewhere or was told somewhere that as long as protein is twice that of the fat I should be good?