Not to be rude, but.......

Options
Panda86
Panda86 Posts: 873
.............everyone, please stop saying that you are starving! If we were starving, we wouldn't have all this weight to lose! We may be really hungry, but that's it. We are not starving, and its just starting to bug me. Yes, this is hard. Yes, sometimes our stomach growls and we really want to reach for the bag of Doritos but we have to say NO..... But none of us are starving. At all. In the least. I have seen kids that are truly starving, so it just makes me cringe when I hear that word from someone that has 200 lbs to lose...... Sorry, I am ranting, but really, let's put it into perspective. I don't even allow my children to use that word, because its a straight-up lie. Sorry that a lot of you (and me) are hungry as we get used to our new diets, but lets be reasonable :heart:

Replies

• goldspaula
    goldspaula Posts: 161
    Options
    Amen! Thanks for the reality check. :D
  • LTLB
    LTLB Posts: 9
    Options
    :bigsmile: I also agree
  • ultraviolencexo
    Options
    Completely agree... I find that I'm not hungry or starving but just fancying food because it's there and I know I can't have it lol!
  • PattyTheUndefeated
    PattyTheUndefeated Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU! Dear God, Thank You. 'Nuff said.
  • Vanessa1977
    Vanessa1977 Posts: 101
    Options
    I think its nice that folks have a place to vent their frustrations and also want to say, it's all relative and most of us get that
  • skygoddess86
    skygoddess86 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Well you know what they mean and maybe you're being a little hyper sensitive...but...having said that, lol, it makes me nuts the loose/lose thing. Your pants are LOOSE...you LOSE weight. Why is it so hard to get right???? Hahaha!!!
  • succeedin2
    succeedin2 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Amen! It is all about choices...........
  • labreemike
    labreemike Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    naa i'm starving
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    I have been eating healthy and mindful for 5 1/2 months now and NOT ONE DAY could I say I was "starving". Those that use that term really need to open their eyes to better food choices so that they don't have that feeling. My nutrition coach has taught me that feeling a little hungry as I approach another meal time is perfectly normal, but that I should NEVER have a feeling of being starving. If I ever feel that, I need to eat more....but more of the right foods.
  • tinasullens
    tinasullens Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    You are 100% right! And you don't need to apologize...we all vent here from time to time. That's one thing, of the MANY, that I love about this place!! lol

And I gotta agree with skygoddess also...I hate the loose/lose thing. Get it right, already! It's not that difficult. LOL!!!
  • tinasullens
    tinasullens Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    naa i'm starving

Whatever....smarty! lol. Always at least one in the crowd. :wink:
  • Panda86
    Options
    naa i'm starving

Whatever....smarty! lol. Always at least one in the crowd. :wink:

Ha ha ha, its a tough job, but someone has to be "that one". LOL
  • Panda86
    Options
    Well you know what they mean and maybe you're being a little hyper sensitive...but...having said that, lol, it makes me nuts the loose/lose thing. Your pants are LOOSE...you LOSE weight. Why is it so hard to get right???? Hahaha!!!

Oh, hun don't even get me started on that kind of stuff! lol! Or There, their.... etc. Oy!
  • RMX82
    RMX82 Posts: 172
    Options
    I think it's a sensitivity issue. If someone wants to say they are starving, let em say it. That's like telling people who actually are starving not to say they are full if they eat a normal sized meal. Who cares, let people say what they want. It's not like they are waving a cheeseburger in the face of someone who actually is hungry.

I see what you mean though, but just don't get worked up over something like that. But the Loose vs Lose thing definitely drives me nuts. IT'S NOT THAT HARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • absofsteel
    Options
    The word 'nuts' drives me insane !!! everyone says that things drive them nuts !!! we are living with a severe nut allergy and constant fear of anaphylaxis..... another rant but the word does make the hairs on my neck stand up !!!
  • abbiez
    abbiez Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    The word 'nuts' drives me insane !!! everyone says that things drive them nuts !!! we are living with a severe nut allergy and constant fear of anaphylaxis..... another rant but the word does make the hairs on my neck stand up !!!

HAHAHAHA!
  • KarenECunningham
    KarenECunningham Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I think sometimes it feels like we are starving because if you were like me and constantly overeating, feeling hungry is so intense that it feels like starvation. When I worked in a welfare agency I would meet people who hadn't eaten for days (that is starving).
  • jennymightyb
    Options
    ur comment proper made me laugh :)