Pizza

So how does everyone add up their pizza calories when it comes from a small local place? Some pizza is thick crust, some thin, some cut in squares, some in triangles. I eat pizza like once a week and I'd like some suggestions. Thanks in advance!

Replies

• jollyjoe321
    jollyjoe321 Posts: 529 Member
    I search for the most similar sounding pizzas, then use the one with the most calories!
  • phocid
    phocid Posts: 85 Member
    Liken whatever you happen to be eating to the closest large commercial chain pizza, which is likely in the database. Eat it, enjoy it, log it, and move on. I try not to get wrapped around the axle with logging (something I'm totally prone to doing).
  • teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
    Ask the restaurant for the nutritional information. Most places use a recipe system to control costs and inventory (even the small local places)...they should be able to tell you at least the calories and fat content.

ETA: Even if they don't and they just "wing it", I've had a restaurant actually start displaying the information after explaining that I log my food intake. Most food people understand this and will try to accomodate their customers. I've done it a few times myself with daily specials that we've thrown together...it takes a few minutes, but the customers generally appreciate it.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    I search for the most similar sounding pizzas, then use the one with the most calories!

I do the same.

If I have a thin crust, I'll add some similar national thin crust, etc.
  • Same for me, I pick some large chain pizza and roughly estimate from there... sometimes I think that what I add might actually be higher than what I actually ate but that's okay, doesn't need to be exact, still gives you an idea as to how much you ate!
  • gypsyGIRL159
    gypsyGIRL159 Posts: 78 Member
    LOL!!!! I GAVE UP PIZZA FOR NOW!!! I love it soooooooo much, and I actually used to work at a Test Kitchen for Pizza and other Italian Foods. I helped make Commercials, and when I want Pizza (I will eat it) but so far, I haven't really missed it in my Daily Food List. Not being able to handle Pizza got me to 400 lbs. I see it now and LOL....... Just don't eat too much of it, or eat it too late. Take care, and enjoy your Slice of yummy goodness!