Finding the courage...

Options
Hi everyone. I've been lurking around the message board for a few weeks now, but have been too scared to post anything. Not anymore! I've noticed that almost every post is genuine and supportive. This is something I want to be part of!

I'm actually a fairly active person by nature and profession - I'm a massage therapist and professional dancer. But, I think my body has come to expect that from me to maintain the very basics of health. It no longer keeps me fit and thin, especially when added to my poor eating habits and couch love time!

Anyway, I've been toying around with weight loss for about 2 years now and I'm ready to get serious. My husband and I have just begun trying to conceive our first baby. I've read many sources that say a woman's pre-pregnancy and pregnancy weight can directly effect 2 things - her ease in losing baby weight as well as the baby's tendency toward obesity or heaviness. I am leaning toward the fluffy side right now, but obesity runs in my family. I want to do everything I can to keep my future child from dealing with this disease! So, starting now I'm doing my best to be a good mom. Feels silly considering I'm not even pregnant yet! But, if I've had difficulty doing it for myself, I can do it for my future family!

Just wanted to note that I'll consult a physician and stop trying to lose weight once I'm actually pregnant. For now, I'm trying to steadily drop a few pounds and build some muscle in a safe way that keeps all my cycles baby-ready!

Thanks for reading and supporting!

Replies

• sngnyrslp
    sngnyrslp Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the message boards! I'm glad you've decided to share your story a little bit. Your motivations for wanting to get into good shape are really admirable and inspiring, and I wish you the best of luck in your journey :):flowerforyou:
  • dawnsant
    dawnsant Posts: 44
    Options
    Posting anything more than a comment on someones post can be a bit scary, but jump on in! I have met nothing but nice people on here! When I was getting ready to have my third child, I was 'fluffy" the doc said it is harder for 'fluffy' people to get prego. I lost all my extra weight and believe it or not, was prego in NO TIME! Of course, getting the weight back off after the third child was something else! lol Welcome to the message boards and good luck on your mission!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,012 Member
    Options
    welcome,
    good luck on your journey and I am sure you will love this site. There is alot of information, motivation and encouragement
  • greyhoundmommy
    greyhoundmommy Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks, ladies! I'm very encouraged!