Micronutrients in bodybuildig

Options
I don't think it's been discussed before but i have a question. Are the micronutrients formulas correct for bodybuilders? How come some say we have to eat large amounts of food to hit them and some say it's ok just to have some traces in the body?

This is what my avg day of micronutrients looks for me:

Sodium: 1915 / 2500
Potassium: 1200 / 3500
Vitamin A: 220%
Vitamin C: 240%
Iron: 70-100 %
Calcium: 80-100%

Is this enough for a bodybuilder?
Why are bodybuilding vitamins on the market if normal healthy eating will suffice?

Replies

• ChrisLindsay9
    ChrisLindsay9 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I am not sure about micronutrients as it relates to bodybuilding (BB), but to answer your last question...my understanding is that BBers have a very restrictive diet (especially when preparing for a competition), so vitamins help provide more micronutrients than they would otherwise get from their meals.

A often-cited example of a BB diet (in competition mode) would be chicken and fish, brown rice, broccoli,egg whites, and green beans ... and repeat and repeat. I'm sure that there are some BBers who aren't as restrictive, but the overall point is that it's usually limited in some way.

Anyways, you probably know all this ... I was just giving an excuse to bump this in case other folks have some feedback/comments.

I couldn't tell from your profile, are you looking to compete in BB?
  • floareaciprian
    floareaciprian Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    No, I just want to look my best. I don't restrict myself that much, if i want something i make sure to stay at a caloric deficit and i eat it. (cutting phase)