Whole30 help w/ shopping on a budget

Options
So...I am going to start Whole30 just as soon as I can get a shopping list together and juggle my grocery budget around some to get started. Anyone have any suggestions as to shopping lists and meal planning?

I am primarily going this route to see if eliminating dairy and wheat will help with some of the pain I'm experiencing from plantar fasciits and other minor stuff but also hoping maybe it will help reset and I will start losing weight again. I am a little intimated by the shopping and also the "withdrawal' but I know nothing will really help with the withdrawal but thought some of you might have some helpful tips for shopping and meal planning.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Replies

• niklong
    niklong Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I just went shopping last night to start the Whole30 today. I was not smart and went without a list! I have to say it was a little overwhelming and I think it's the longest I've spent at the grocery in a LONG time. But when I was done, I felt good about what I got and it wasn't as expensive as I thought it would be. Do you have any local places to get fresh food/produce? I live in the country and there are a lot of people who sell fresh eggs & produce from their homes. So today I plan to get a few things at one of my neighbors. I made sure I got grass fed meat (Kroger grocery store) but I didn't buy organic fruits & veggies (the book said it wasn't necessary & I didn't want my hubby to freak out over my first grocery bill eating this way). Last night when I got home I made meatballs with almond flour instead of bread crumbs, green beans & sweet potato. This morning for breakfast I chopped up two of the meatballs, added the left over sweet potato (cubed), minced garlic, onion & cooked in a skillet to make a hash out of it then I topped it with a fried egg & ate a nectarine. For lunch I plan on having a salad with tuna, balsamic vinegar, olive oil & a banana. I know I'm having chicken & veggies for dinner but haven't decided on the preparation yet.
  • sbrat14
    sbrat14 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I"m on day 12 of the Whole30, so I think we're at pretty much the same place. Just wondering how you're making out? So far I've been really good, but started having some trouble sleeping, which is new. And it's hard not to get bored of my meals, even though I work hard to be creative. Breakfast is my killer. Have you come up with anything genius?
  • kerrigbell
    Options
    I actually haven't...come up with anything genius, that is. It's been a tough week. I did great Monday and Tuesday and then Wednesday we had meetings most of the day at work and although I didn't go crazy, i definitely didn't eat whole30 and that night and most of Thursday my stomach hurt really badly. I'm not sure what it was but i was miserable. I have done okay Thursday and Friday but I don't feel better and I'm really struggling. Ugh. Sure wish I could find something that was a little easier to incorporate into my lifestyle of having a large family and working and everything else. I just feel so overwhelmed by it all.
  • rachelkrueger11
    rachelkrueger11 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    if you're on pinterest just search for Whole30 recipes. there are TONS out there!