Hydroxycut, etc. ???

Options
Anyone have any luck using hydroxycut or any of the other OTC app suppressents? Around 2 PM I could literally eat my left arm or fall straight to sleep. I need to be able to get through the day and deal w/my dh and kids and still be pleasant as opposed to a rabid dog. Any suggestions or info? Thanks.

Replies

• dawnsant
    dawnsant Posts: 44
    Options
    I will so be checking back on this post! I do not know of any, but I would love to hear if anyone has one that helps with energy!
  • Jenks
    Jenks Posts: 349
    Options
    I used SlimQuick for the first 3 months, lost 28lbs. It's been awhile, but I don't remember being very hungry while I was on them. But I do remember not being tired when it was time for bed.
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    It may simply be that you need more protein and/or fiber in the foods you eat for breakfast/lunch to keep you from getting to that point of wanting to canibalize your body. That's what I aim for and I never have an issue as long as I meet my goals.
  • Lilliesmom2010
    Options
    I have a few friends that are using the SlimQuick tablets, you can buy them at Wal-Mart. They've had lots of success with taking it and no side effects so far. One of them has lost over 30+ lbs in a matter of 6 months. I choose not to use anything because I'm losing this way and not really going through starving withdrawal. I'd rather stay as close to natural weight loss as possible without having to waste money on products or take a chance with side effects. As long as this continues to work for me I'll keep it that way. But if I needed to take something in the future, I'd try the SlimQuick tablets, not the drink mixes, heard they are horrible...

Hope this helps,
    Jennifer
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    i use hydroxicut, i used it last time i really lost weight too. it helps, but it really is just a supplement as to what your doing ie eating right and working out.
  • dawnsant
    dawnsant Posts: 44
    Options
    I know that I personally go over my protein and fiber every day. I am so tired all the time that my Doc actually swore that I was having thirod problems. He did all the lab work, nothing. Everything came back great. I guess I am just lazy. Still waiting for the post with the energy pills!!! Come on, yall can do it! lol
  • Lilliesmom2010
    Options
    Also, this might help you with eating better, check out this article I posted...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/109836-food-pyrmid-broke-down
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Eat more snacks and save your money on the snake oil
  • CudyBug
    CudyBug Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    My husband used hydroxycut 5 years ago when he was working 12 horus a day third shift and coming home to a newborn baby. He used it for the energy not for the weight loss. All the guys at the warehouse swore by it. He used it for a month or two and it ended up giving him extrmely high blood pressure and to this day he is fighting high blood pressure. The doctors that he has saw have said it is most likely from using those pills. At 25 years old he was taking high blood pressure medication because he just could not get his BP down to normal. He even has a BP monitor and everything. He stopped taking his pills a few months ago and hasnt had too high of BP lately so I hope this part of his life is over. Its a scarey thing to be told you could have a stroke at 24 and 25 years old whith two very small children.
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Before you buy a supplement, you might want to try adding more fiber and protein to your meals and snacks. Or you should start snacking more. You might also want to cut back on calories throughout the day so you have enough for a snack late a night. Oh, and if you're just starting, you should wait a week or two. It's normal to be hungry when you suddenly cut back your calorie intake; your body will adjust soon.

If nothing else works, go ahead and try an appetite suppressant. I can't really be against the use of a weight loss drug since I myself use Alli (even though that is the only FDA approved one out on the market).

Good luck on your weight loss. I know you can do it!
  • Jenks
    Jenks Posts: 349
    Options
    Before you buy a supplement, you might want to try adding more fiber and protein to your meals and snacks. Or you should start snacking more. You might also want to cut back on calories throughout the day so you have enough for a snack late a night. Oh, and if you're just starting, you should wait a week or two. It's normal to be hungry when you suddenly cut back your calorie intake; your body will adjust soon.

If nothing else works, go ahead and try an appetite suppressant. I can't really be against the use of a weight loss drug since I myself use Alli (even though that is the only FDA approved one out on the market).

Good luck on your weight loss. I know you can do it!

Even though it's the only one FDA approved, there has been reports that it *may* be linked to liver damage.
    If you're still taking it you may want to look into it further.
  • simplyJD
    simplyJD Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the suggestions. I'm going to try to keep a better food journal w/cravings and what not noted so I can refer back and see where my diet can be tweaked before I buy anything. I appreciate all of the comments and support! Good luck everyone!
  • Lilliesmom2010
    Options
    I think you will feel so much better about your choice when you find out that you can do this without supplements! Good Luck to you too! :drinker:
  • bree1609
    bree1609 Posts: 136
    Options
    Hello there! I actually work at a GNC, and we do sell a good bit of Hydroxycut to mostly men who are lifting weights. They like the energy it gives. Keep in mind that it has been reformulated over the last few years because it used to contain a very dangerous ingredient.

GNC has several appetite control supplements. Appetrex is one, and 5 HTP is another. The 5 HTP is also good to lift your mood. I don't take supplements, but I personally love the Full Bites or Full Bars. You eat them about 30 minutes before a meal and they allow you to eat less of your meal. Great as snacks, too.