5k - I'm a runner!

Options
2»

Replies

• Kookyk9s
    Kookyk9s Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB! My goal was to do a 30 minute 5K. I did my first one in June and finished in about the same time you did; it was a really hilly course and I was NOT ready. Still haven't made the 30 minute goal (not even on a treadmill) and I find it really hard to call myself a "runner" but I guess we all have to start somewhere, right? Keep up the good work1
    “If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run.”

― John Bingham

You're a runner. Don't let nobody tell you differently-- not even yourself.

**** This and more!! Great job!!!

Yes you are a runner, Do not look to those who can do more. Look instead at those who cannot do what you do - it is a much larger group. Congratulations are well earned runner.
  • MrsC160
    MrsC160 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone!

All your kind words really mean a lot to me and help me stay motivated
  • BobcatGirl110
    BobcatGirl110 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! You should be proud! As a fellow newbie runner you make me proud :)
  • ICarla
    ICarla Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • That's so awesome, well done you! Great achievement. Wouldn't have mattered even if you had come last, you did it and thats what matters.
  • walkinthedogs
    walkinthedogs Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Triumphs are aweseome aren't they, nice job!!
  • cinrn68
    cinrn68 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! I recently became a runner as well. My goals for my first race were similar to yours. I met mine as well, and have run multiple 5k's since May (my first). I'm now running 10k and beyond... that's what I love about running. The sky is the limit!! Keep up the great work!
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic!! My first 5K i finished at 48:44, my next goal is to get it down to at least 45. Since I'm fairly new to running I'm taking it one day at a time.
  • todayis4me
    todayis4me Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    Awesome
  • thesophierose
    thesophierose Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! :D
  • optionalsourcewins
    Options
    AWESOME job!! Congratulations!!!
  • luulu1999
    Options
    AWESOME!!! I just signed up for my first 5k today it is October 26th and I have the same goals as you!! And I will be doing my second one just a couple weeks after that its a Zombie mud run so I won't be quiet as serious about that one and with the group I am running with I will probably spend most of my time laughing cuz they are scared to death lol...keep up the good work
  • NekaMaye88
    NekaMaye88 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    That is amazing! You are AWESOME!!! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!