Best compliment you like hearing: Go!

Options
43932452 Posts: 7,246 Member
Tell us your top compliment, you enjoy hearing.

For me, it's when I'm told I'm driven. :)

Replies

• bloominheck
    bloominheck Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Nice rack :glasses:

Oh and another one.."You are the best I ever had" :blushing:
  • xvxCelticWandererxvx
    xvxCelticWandererxvx Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Of being a good mom and/or caregiver :smile:
  • Naomi0504
    Naomi0504 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Hmm, great topic! For me would be when someone says "Your kids are so well behaved." Since I rarely hear that, it's nice when I do, LOL.

Other than that would be the pure vanity compliments, those never get old :-)
  • LumpySpacePrincess1
    Options
    Being told I'm intelligent. Always makes my brain feel sexy. Smokin sexy bacon.
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    I like when people compliment my sexual performance.
  • HeyGoRun
    HeyGoRun Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    "No, you dont look like a guy" :happy:

Only because a boy in HS told me I looked like a GUY!!!!:frown: til this day I look at my pictures for a long time to see If I do or dont, so far my pals have been very nice to say i look pretty! I thank them all!!:blushing:
    Options
    Hmm, great topic! For me would be when someone says "Your kids are so well behaved." Since I rarely hear that, it's nice when I do, LOL.

Other than that would be the pure vanity compliments, those never get old :-)

Naomi, I couldn't agree with you more.:smile:
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    "You're an amazing person." I get quite often.

I try to stay humble, but I have to admit it doesn't get old. Probably has more to do with the beautiful people that take the time to tell me...
  • steph_hyde
    steph_hyde Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've recently been told several times that I looked Happy! :)
    After going thru a divorce this spring, that is an awesome one!

Probably has something to do with this really great guy I've started seeing...
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    I like hearing that I have inspired someone in some way. .
    Options
    "No, you dont look like a guy" :happy:

Only because a boy in HS told me I looked like a GUY!!!!:frown: til this day I look at my pictures for a long time to see If I do or dont, so far my pals have been very nice to say i look pretty! I thank them all!!:blushing:

Look him up and bat your eyes his way, you look like no Boy!!
  • lucystacy71
    lucystacy71 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    "You have such pretty hair."

I actually don't take compliments very well usually because it makes me embarassed, but I like hearing this one.
  • cingle87
    cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    "you're the best ive ever had"

I like to believe I was, even though :grumble:
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I like any compliment from my fiancé.

But I also seem to get more enjoyment out of compliments that are very different from who I "thought I was" for the first half (or more) of my 30-something years...compliments on my singing, driving, mathematical and accounting skills, logic, etc.

I also get a huge kick out of people asking whether I've played sports or saying I am athletic or graceful. It happens quite often (even 70 lb ago!!!) but it always shocks me because that's sooooo not "me"!
  • GamerGirly
    GamerGirly Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I don't take compliments well AT ALL!

When it comes to vanity compliments it makes me think they are blind, insane or just trying to kiss *kitten*.

To be fair though, it's all about ones own perception of self when it comes to vanity compliments.

I disagree with the compliment so there must be something wrong with the person giving them.

But that's just me.
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    I heard this from a few drs when I was sick, and each time it surprised me. I had to fight to get my strength back after 4 operations, even lost significant use of my arms for a while. I was terrified I'd never make it back. A few docs said "if anyone can do it, it's you." I don't know how they knew, but they were right.

(But I also liked it when the nurses called me tiny :tongue: )
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options
    I get told I have nice hands a lot. Weird but true.

The one I like? Umm...anything body related at the moment, because I've worked really hard for several years to build up the twig I was blessed with.
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Being told I'm a good mother. Vanity compliments are awesome and I always accept them graciously but there is nothing like being told I'm doing a great job with my daughter. Particularly because I'm a single mother and there are so many less than stellar parents these days.
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    I'm not the best at accepting compliments, but I enjoy hearing that my personality is a true reflection of who I am both inside and out.
  • Guinivere
    Guinivere Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I feel lucky that I get compliments. So often it's the negative stuff we hear and remember.

I get "your hair is amazing" sometimes followed by "is it real?" (I have waist length hair)
    This seems a more delicious compliment when received from a hairdresser as I cut my own hair (I'm not trained, I'm afraid of bad hairdressers)

I love hearing that I have inspired someone - that's the best feeling ever!