IPAD...

VballLeash
VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
I know this is totally not related to weight loss and such but I was just wondering what you guys think of the ipad especially those who have one? I am looking into getting one mainly for the volleyball statistic app, I am a vball coach and I think I would get a lot of use out of it. I coach year around so I would use it a lot plus I'm sure there are many more things that I could use on the ipad... I am thinking that I will get the 16G with the 3G, what do you guys think? Is is worth the money? Is the applecare necessary? Thanks!

~Leash :heart:

Replies

• fun_mom
    fun_mom Posts: 54 Member
    I think you'd like it BUT it will depend on where you plan to use it. Will you be using it in a location where you have access to a wireless network? If not, then you will need to buy the wireless/3G model and sign up for a data plan through AT&T. See below for costs. Keep in mind this will basically be an iPhone on steroids. If you want it for the apps and for internet browsing etc you'll love it. If you want to write papers or anything that would be considered more "school/office" you may not like it as much.

AT&T 3G Data Plans for iPad

Data per month Price per month
    250MB $14.99
    2GB $25
  • VballLeash
    Once I have the app downloaded it won't need internet to work though right?! Thanks for your response :)
  • lesliefm
    lesliefm Posts: 20 Member
    I am a teacher, I bought one and we do have wireless at school so I can actually use it to take attendance and grades from anywhere in my room which is really convenient. I use it at home too. I didn't get the 3G because we have wireless at home and I have it at work, and you would be surprised by how many businesses have a wireless network you can jump on for free. The battery lasts forever too.
  • fun_mom
    fun_mom Posts: 54 Member
    Once I have the app downloaded it won't need internet to work though right?! Thanks for your response :)

I'm not sure since I don't know what the app your interested in really does. If the app "talks" back and forth between your iPad and the internet then yes you'll need to be connected to the internet. For an example. If you use the mfp app when you add foods or exercises etc then it's moving that information from your phone to the website and therefore needs to be connected to the internet either through the data plan or a wireless network. Also, if you add something on the webiste of mfp then it'll need internet to "update" your iPad or iPhone etc. Make sense?
  • VballLeash
    Yes that makes since, thanks! I don't think its like that cause its just numbers and such. I'll have to make sure though.
  • dgroulx
    dgroulx Posts: 159 Member
    I've been thinking about it for a while. At work, I need to look up drug dilutions for building IV drips and other drug data. The screen is pretty small on my iPhone. I'm also writing some medical apps and will eventually have to buy one for testing. You can load the apps by hooking it up to your computer. You don't need internet access to use your apps (unless they specifically need internet access).
  • VballLeash
    Ok so I got one!!!! I'm sooo excited! I got the 16 GB with the 3 G... so what are the best apps besides myfitness of course duh! haha

~Leash :heart:
This discussion has been closed.