new august challenge for stress eaters/overeaters/binge eate

Options
2»

Replies

• Ldaenen
    Ldaenen Posts: 1
    Options
    Wow, a friend just told me about this site. I'm already excited. I'm def a stress eater and have been gorging myself. Been through a divorce and then a bad relationship and have put on 30 lbs. Use to go to the gym and run daily. Now all i want to do is sleep or watch tv when I'm home. I'm so disgusted with myself...but this may help me find my motivation again!! Thanks!
  • Tasha1476
    Tasha1476 Posts: 220
    Options
    im in! i am a binge eater, havent binged since last friday (went out at 2am and had a grilled cheese and cheese fry from steak n shake) and it was my smallest binge EVER so i think im reeling it in. i have a problem with food. im scared of food and thats not a good thing. i binge, i cry, i have a food hangover. i dont want that anymore! and before friday i hadnt binged for a couple weeks! what i had friday, i actually counted as saturday cause it was 2am and i worked out extra hard. but i still cried all night and was so mad at myself for being a little pig. i basically had a break down.

IM SICK OF IT. LETS DO THIS :-D

hahaha. This makes me feel so guilty.. I have been in Finland living with my friend for a month, and I have been thinking about steak and shake, like man!!! I want some steak and shake. hahaha
  • abbiez
    abbiez Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    im in! i am a binge eater, havent binged since last friday (went out at 2am and had a grilled cheese and cheese fry from steak n shake) and it was my smallest binge EVER so i think im reeling it in. i have a problem with food. im scared of food and thats not a good thing. i binge, i cry, i have a food hangover. i dont want that anymore! and before friday i hadnt binged for a couple weeks! what i had friday, i actually counted as saturday cause it was 2am and i worked out extra hard. but i still cried all night and was so mad at myself for being a little pig. i basically had a break down.

hahaha. This makes me feel so guilty.. I have been in Finland living with my friend for a month, and I have been thinking about steak and shake, like man!!! I want some steak and shake. hahaha

I LOVE steak n shake. so yummy :-) haha atleast i didnt have a milkshake! haha
  • abbiez
    abbiez Posts: 229 Member
    Options

• Tasha1476
    Tasha1476 Posts: 220
    Options

Yeah... Well Im obsessed with their chili, so my trips there are not the worst thing in the world, though I can only imagine how much worse for me their chili is than the average bowl of chili homemade.
  • guitargirl53
    Options
    How is everyone? My month is not going too bad. We went to Red Lobster last night and I got the broiled seafood platter after I looked it up online for nutrition facts and it was really good although the shrimp scampi and the scallops were swimming in butter. Im sure the actual nutrition facts aren't the same as they said. But I've been doing a lot better and it has put me in a better mood. How are you doing?
  • letsdothis2010
    letsdothis2010 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

If it's not too late, I'd love to join in. I'm a horrible binge/stress eater. I've always been big on the comfort food since I was young, but I never starting binge eating until I was about 17. I was in a bad relationship, constantly stressed, working full time and going to school full time. I would just suddenly find myself mindlessly eating to "ease" the stress, anger, and frustration. Obviously, this has gotten me no where. I'm in a much better place now, but still have alot of stress and I'm working on ways to relieve it that have nothing to do with eating. My most likely time to binge is after work (my hugeeee contributor to my stress), so I've decided that instead of going home to relax (and eat) I'm going to go for a half hour walk. I did this yesterday and felt wonderful, much calmer. Hopefully this goes well because I'm so tired of this. Good luck everyone!!!!
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I would like to join as well. I actually searched for a thread like this. :flowerforyou:

I am such a stress eater, the hugest one for me is lack of sleep. When I'm tired, all I want to do is "eat the world". The worst is when I really lose it and eat gluten, my arch nemesis that boosts me up for weeks afterwards and makes me want to binge even more. I was doing well today until about mid afternoon, when I got hungry because I hadn't brought enough cals with me. So I ate a 200 cal bag of chips. Fit into my calories, but not the best. Then I waited too long for dinner and got ravenous. After my dinner of veggies and lean protein, I had to have some Lima beans. Then a few candies. Then a 100 calorie bag of smart pop. Now I'm 200 cals over budget and contemplating either doing a workout to make up for it or eating less tomorrow. Thus sucks! I need some control. Chewing gum right now but I'd rather eat a donut :grumble:
  • Obin
    Obin Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm usually a late comer so this isn't unusual but I'd love to join the August challenge! I've been a stress/emotions eater since I was about 12 years old and I love to fall off the bandwagon especially after a stressfull day at work. I'd love to say I work in an office but I am on my feet (on asphalt in the hot sun) for my 10 hours a day shifts so when I get back to my hotel room (talk about hard to eat when on the road!) all I want to do is walk out my mainfloor door to the Timmies RIGHT OUTSIDE MY DOOR. So not a nice place to put a Ramada hotel!

I'm definitely going to need the help and encouragement this month staying in this stupid hotel away from my boyfriend who is my best supporter!
  • guitargirl53
    Options
    If it's not too late, I'd love to join in.

Hi everyone! Its never too late to join! I hope as many people as possible can benefit from this. I tried something new last night. I really wanted something with lots of carbs and sugar before bed like I used to do every night. (I would eat candy, cookies, bars, icecream, chips, crackers...) all in one evening. So I decided to get a medium sized cup and fill it up with cereal. (I chose Reeses puffs cereal but anything that you love will work just as well) and then I filled it up with lowfat milk. I brought it up into my bedroom and ate it in bed and told myself I could bring the dishes downstairs in the morning and so I ate it and enjoyed it and after about 15 minutes I realized it totally satisfied my cravings and I logged it into my food log and realized I was still within my calorie budget just enough(which NEVER HAPPENED ON A BINGE...EVER) I was so happy and woke up the next morning ready for a nice breakfast. Hope that suggestion might help any late night stress snackers!!!! Bye!!!
  • cdsiebec
    Options
    I'm in on this too! Binge eating at night is my main problem. I always manage to do well during the day but at night I can't seem to control myself!
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I sort of binged on gluten free cornbread - it was the first time I could enjoy cornbread in forever without pain. But I don't feel bad about it cause it was more controlled. I made a conscious decision to dedicate the rest of my calories for the day to it, so my budget is secure :wink:
  • letsdothis2010
    letsdothis2010 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    So far so good :) I've been going for walks after work rather than going home and stuffing my face lol. I did have a little mindless eating the other night but it only brought me to about 100 calories over my limit (smallest "binge" ever had). Everyone keep up the good work!!!