Can't stop trying

Options
Hi. I'm 45 and mom to two teens and wife for 20 years. Somehow during that time I gained 100 pounds. It all came on slow, a little here and a little there. I had one of those clarity moments when I visited my mom in Florida and found out she was having gastric bypass surgery this Fall. She has been so unhappy, her whole life, because of her weight. Now she is developing some medical conditions that are affecting her mobility and has to do something drastic. I DON'T WANT TO GET THAT WAY, NOT MENTALLY AND NOT PHYSICALLY! Honestly, my weight doesn't rule my life and I'm a pretty positive and outgoing person. I want to make sure I can continue to have an active lifestyle in the future. If I keep going at this rate of 5 pounds a year, it will not be good. Already airplane seats are uncomfortable and I am developing foot trouble. I am not trying to be a size 6, that would be ridiculous for me. I am quite tall with a large frame (trust me, size 11 feet don't happen to petite women). I would like to get to the point where I don't photoshop myself out of pictures. I see a photo and think, that's not what I look like or it's a bad angle. I want to look nice in pictures again. Well, there was my ramble. Thanks for listening and I am excited about tracking my progress on this site.

Replies

• Janeinoregon
    Options
    Just read your post after writing my "introduce yourself". I wish you the best of luck! I am 64 years old and my weight has crept on in the past 20+ years. Now that I'm retired I find that all I do is snack all day and evening. It is hard.

You can do this. So can I!

Jane in Oregon:flowerforyou:
  • TammyK777
    TammyK777 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    all the best! add me if you want to... you can do this :)
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,024 Member
    Options
    You can do this, there is alot of motivation and encouragement on this site. The most important thing is to plan ahead of time what you are going to eat and your exercise and then try to stick to it. I find this prevents mindless eating and grabbing something unhealthy and fattening when I am hungry or stressed.